Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

If you were starting a team and had a choice between Matt Ryan or Tony Romo who would you take?

I've personally never liked Ryan. He seems like a player who lucked into having the best skill players any QB has in the league. He seems like he can't handle the big moment either.

Tony Romo also at times can't handle the big moment but I love the way he can extend plays and when he isn't throwing a dumb into, he has a great arm.

I think I'd take Romo...I think he'd be a top 5 QB in this league without the pressure of being in Dallas and playing under the dumbest owner in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Re: Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

I'd take Ryan. I love to hate on him, but he's got the skills to win a SB eventually. The only thing I didn't like about him is he's got a shit eating grin.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ryan all the way. He's not nearly as bad as the fans say he is. He hasn't been clutch necessarily, but he's more than capable of making the leap that Flacco made, whereas Romo all too often shits his pants in glorious fashion, all while achieving nothing of major significance when the chips are down.

Blog Entries

btw, has same number of playoff wins as Tony Romo in less amount of time.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

The way I rationalize the comparison of these two QBs: In your heart of hearts, if you're being honest with yourself, would you be as surprised to see Matt Ryan win a Super Bowl as you would Tony Romo? I would love to put money down that Romo never even gets to a Super Bowl as a starting quarterback, let alone wins one. I would sleep like a baby with money down on that. With Matt Ryan, no way would I take that chance, not yet.

The Matt Ryan bashing is so out of control on this board I'm almost rooting for him to go all the way to shut some of this stupid "he can't win the big one" crap up.

I can't respect anybody's opinion that insists on making declarative statements of guys never winning anything at the age of 27.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The Matt Ryan bashing is so out of control on this board I'm almost rooting for him to go all the way to shut some of this stupid "he can't win the big one" crap up.

I can't respect anybody's opinion that insists on making declarative statements of guys never winning anything at the age of 27.

Most of that was knee jerk frustration from people hating on Flacco for failing to win a Super Bowl before this year (and explaining away his playoff success by crediting everyone but him), while Ryan got accolades for an even lesser performance in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Most of that was knee jerk frustration from people hating on Flacco for failing to win a Super Bowl before this year (and explaining away his playoff success by crediting everyone but him), while Ryan got accolades for an even lesser performance in the playoffs.
    I don't think it's knee jerk because people here are still saying the same bullshit even after Joe won it all this year.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The national pundits swing on his jock, but shit on Joe. 1 playoff win....The media stirs up the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    The national pundits swing on his jock, but shit on Joe. 1 playoff win....The media stirs up the hate.
    So some of you let some stupid media people influence you that much?

So some of you let some stupid media people influence you that much?

No, but they are basically equal...except when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    No, but they are basically equal...except when it counts.
    So...what does that have to do with the comments from people saying Ryan can't win in the future?