Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Christian Thompson suspended 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You have to be a special kind of moron to fail for substance abuse.

It's an announced test for crying out loud!!!!!
    I don't know about PEDs, but marijuana stays in your system for 30 days after you smoke it, repeatedly. Maybe it's like that for PEDs also. If they announce the test 2-3 days ahead of time it doesn't matter if that stuff they test you for sticks in your system for 4-5 days.

No judgement on this kid, but I get what you are saying.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Adderall for his ADHD. That's the story and I'm sticking to it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That's what get me. That and risking a shitload of money (not so much his case, but a lot of other idiots).

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I don't know about PEDs, but marijuana stays in your system for 30 days after you smoke it, repeatedly. Maybe it's like that for PEDs also. If they announce the test 2-3 days ahead of time it doesn't matter if that stuff they test you for sticks in your system for 4-5 days.

If the guys on SXM NFL Radio are accurate, and I have no reason to think they're not, the weed test is known months before the actual date and it's always around this time of year. If you pass, you're fine for another year. Fail, and you can be randomly tested throughout the league year.

I've heard similar stories on Deadspin and PFT as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    That's what get me. That and risking a shitload of money (not so much his case, but a lot of other idiots).
    True, but even my father tried to tell me to take school more seriously because you will have all the time afterwards to party and have a good time. I didn't listen to him and now and am living the lesson he tried to teach me then.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I could be wrong, but I thought your first fail was less than 4 game suspension? After that they become random and subsequent failure would be 4 games?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought your first fail was less than 4 game suspension? After that they become random and subsequent failure would be 4 games?
    This is how I understand it as well. If you get to the 4 game suspension level you have failed multiple times. At least that was the way it used to work. Maybe they switched to a zero tolerance stance recently that I missed.

Like you, I am amazed how those athletes could fail a substance abuse test... Not only the test is announced in advance, it is not as thoroughly sophisticated as the one Lance Armstrong had to endure and beat.

sheez...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post

I have a couple friends who smoke with great regularity and they managed/manage to pass drug tests for certain high-level clearance jobs. I highly doubt that NFL extracts blood/hair sample to analyze a substance usage.

Regardless, this is a boneheaded move...

Frankly, when he was drafted I had no idea what the Ravens saw in Thompson that made them take him in the 4th. Pre-draft he was pretty much universally pegged as an UDFA caliber player, and based on the very small amount of tape out there I didn't see anything special. Obviously they know WAY more than I do, but I have not been high on him and this is a big blow to his chance of being a contributor in 2013 and possibly beyond.

The starting safeties in 2013 are going to be Huff and the winner of an Ihedigbo/rookie camp battle. Thompson and Omar Brown will be the 4th and 5th safeties, and maybe not in that order.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Adderall for his ADHD. That's the story and I'm sticking to it
    Adderall. Definitely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.