Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Christian Thompson suspended 4 games

The hardest part of this was that Thompson was penciled in to compete at SS more than FS...I've seen a good deal of FS targets in the draft, not as much on SS.

Ihedigbo will be good depth, but he's not thrilling me. Thompson won't be written off...but certainly is worrisome. And this isn't the first case of last year's draft class having an issue...Asa Jackson was suspended last year too.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Frankly, when he was drafted I had no idea what the Ravens saw in Thompson that made them take him in the 4th. Pre-draft he was pretty much universally pegged as an UDFA caliber player, and based on the very small amount of tape out there I didn't see anything special. Obviously they know WAY more than I do, but I have not been high on him and this is a big blow to his chance of being a contributor in 2013 and possibly beyond.

The starting safeties in 2013 are going to be Huff and the winner of an Ihedigbo/rookie camp battle. Thompson and Omar Brown will be the 4th and 5th safeties, and maybe not in that order.
    I agree.

By no means am I slamming the door on him, but I never saw anything from him in any of the games that impressed me.

Frankly, Omar Brown showed a lot more.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    No bother. I have the Ravens taking a SS or two in this draft.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Adderall for his ADHD. That's the story and I'm sticking to it
    Yeah, I figure it's that or the mary jane.

Blog Entries

If I am not mistaken, this is not his first failed test. The first test is known in advance. At least, the vicinity in which it will be administered. If you fail that test, you are then administered random tests throughout the year. This time, he failed a random test.

There is no excuse for it. Even if it were for a medically prescribed substance, you can get it cleared by the league before taking it. If he didn't take the time to do that and failed the first test for the drug, failing again for the same substance would go beyond foolish, and that's if it's for something medically prescribed.

Now, you can see why John Harbaugh works so hard to weed out questionable characters and players with too much baggage. If you are a head coach, trying to implement a plan of action for your staff and players to help you win the Super Bowl, you don't have time to deal with this type of bullshit. Imagine if you were John Harbaugh and you had the LT to solidify this offense, or the young SS to develop behind this front seven. The next thing you know, sometimes showing up like they are hungover (McAlister), overweight (McKinney) or failing drug tests.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Yeah, I figure it's that or the mary jane.
    if they just say it's adderall, it seems to be accepted as part of society now. so it's adderall ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Adderal is on the PED banned list. If it was adderal, he would have been popped under the Performance Enhancing Drug program.

Substance abuse violations are for weed, coke, etc. and that's what he was flagged for.

If it was not performance enhancing it means it was a second failed test. If the Ravens believe that Thompson is SS of the future than this does not alter draft plans. You don't draft someone for 4 games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Adderal is on the PED banned list. If it was adderal, he would have been popped under the Performance Enhancing Drug program.

Substance abuse violations are for weed, coke, etc. and that's what he was flagged for.
    I'm sure it's weed but he should still say it's adderal ;)

These guys get their wrist slapped for a DUI but they can't smoke weed... come on man

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm sure it's weed but he should still say it's adderal ;)

These guys get their wrist slapped for a DUI but they can't smoke weed... come on man
    Agreed.

But I also feel players should adhere to the rules that are in place.

Thing is, the stuff in weed like THC sticks to fat cells. So someone who is lazy, obese, and smokes weed all the time will take a long time to get clean. But if you have a high metabolism and are in good shape you could be a heavy daily smoker and pass in 30 days or less.

I don't think it's weed, but if it is and he knew about the test, he is a moron.

For the life of me I don't get the whole weed testing thing. It is certainly not a performance enhancing drug.

I am sure some stick in the mud will babble about how its illegal (ridiculous) and blah blah blah

Would I want Flacco hitting the bong Micheal Phelps style ...prob not. That said suspending them 4 games seems a bit goofy for the equivalent of having a beer.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis