Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Christian Thompson suspended 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    For the life of me I don't get the whole weed testing thing. It is certainly not a performance enhancing drug.

I am sure some stick in the mud will babble about how its illegal (ridiculous) and blah blah blah

Would I want Flacco hitting the bong Micheal Phelps style ...prob not. That said suspending them 4 games seems a bit goofy for the equivalent of having a beer.
    Then there's drugs like cocaine, heroin, and prescription painkillers that leave the system in a matter of days. So if you smoke pot a lot, you better wait a month before you even consider taking a drug test. But if you have an opiate addiction all you need is 3-4 days. Stupid, but that's just how the body works.

Blog Entries

If this is for weed, then its absolutely ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If true, what a fool ! There is an open Safety spot that he could compete for and he does drugs (?)
    Looks like Omar Brown, and a draft choice or two, may be ahead of him on the depth chart by October... Bc
    Yes, 105.7 fm was just saying last week the Ravens had hi hopes for this dude. Ed Reed worked with him before he was drafted and then afterwards. He was like Reed's protege. He had much promise.

What an ass hole if true.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.

What blows my mind is that anyone ever gets caught. In my disreputable past I was a habitual partaker of the Devil's tobacco and it literally only takes about 5 days to flush your system well enough to fool a urinalysis, even if you're a daily user.

Clean out kits containing diuretics are sold in head shops and believe it or not they work pretty well. Just stop smoking for a work week, and drink as much water and Gatorade as you can stomach while also popping those diuretics. You'll piss every 15 minutes but by day 6, it'll be clean at least 90% of the time.

If a guy can't lay a bong down for a week to get his piss clean, that doesn't bode well for him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    For the life of me I don't get the whole weed testing thing. It is certainly not a performance enhancing drug.

I am sure some stick in the mud will babble about how its illegal (ridiculous) and blah blah blah

Would I want Flacco hitting the bong Micheal Phelps style ...prob not. That said suspending them 4 games seems a bit goofy for the equivalent of having a beer.
    I think most people feel the same way.

The thing is though its basically *legal* by back door means.

Testing is always done around the start of the league year and, assuming you pass, you're not tested again for another year.

So all you need to do is put the bong down around mid January just to be safe and you're golden.

The fact anyone fails at all is a testament to how stupid some of these players are.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think most people feel the same way.

The thing is though its basically *legal* by back door means.

Testing is always done around the start of the league year and, assuming you pass, you're not tested again for another year.

So all you need to do is put the bong down around mid January just to be safe and you're golden.

The fact anyone fails at all is a testament to how stupid some of these players are.
    And these stupid players make twice as much as I do at least. And I don't smoke the shit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    And these stupid players make twice as much as I do at least.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Damn, I wanna be in your line of work. You get 200k for 16 weeks of work a year!? ;)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quoting Aaron W in his article linked earlier
    "We have been aware of this situation for some time," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.

I'd assume it is THC, and that he had a positive test before.
    Also assume that his current tests are done with gas chromatography which are far more sensitive than urine. You can pass a urine test with 50 nanograms/ml but have to be under 15 nanograms/ml for the GC.
    Takes a lot longer to get "clean" and even if you are not smoking but at a party where others are, or your girlfriend smokes in bed....
    Yes bonehead for sure! but I'm reserving judgement..
    If nothing else he is now camp fodder and a free roster spot for 4 weeks.

I'll be watching to see if James Ihedigbo is the starter at SS and who backs up Huff at FS.... in short I will be sniffing for clues as to the FO intentions to cut bait as soon as they can, or to just have plan B/C ready in case. Don't have a clue if they are actively looking to get rid of him or passively looking to replace him (at least not yet, but the quote says Ozzie knew for some time, so plans are in place)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Quoting Aaron W in his article linked earlier
    "We have been aware of this situation for some time," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.
    I thought this happened last year, but because he got injured the games he will miss have been moved to the following season. Is this a NEW failure making it his second?

Blog Entries

Thompson hasn't had any "performance" to "enhance" up to this point... Bc

Christian Thompson Suspended

He'll miss the first 4 games for substance abuse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-...5708--nfl.html