Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - What team would be bigger failure? Denver, Atlanta or Seattle?

Some teams have won the "March Superbowl".

In reality only one team will win the SuperBowl.

We've seen Denver land Welker. They now have a fearsome WR trio. Thomas, Decker, Welker. However RB might be an issue. Stellar DEF.

We've seen Atlanta get Jackson and Gonzalez back. Their offense is now Julio Jones, Roddy White, Stephen Jackson and Tony Gonzalez. That is a pretty damn good offense. They've done nothing on defense however.

We've seen Seattle sign electric Percy Harvin and two solid pass rushers on the cheap, to improve an already stellar defense.

All 3 are paper SB contenders. In addition to the less flashy but successful teams like us, Pitt, GB, etc. being contenders.

My question is:

out of DEN, ATL and SEA, which team would be the biggest failure if they do not make it to (or win) the SB?

Matty Ice and his loaded offense?

Peyton "I struggle in the playoffs" Manning?

SEA and their young phenom QB with a new toy on offense and a beastly DEF?

Re: OT - What team would be bigger failure? Denver, Atlanta or Seattle?

Denver, Atlanta, Seattle in that order.

Denver and Atlanta are close but the age of the QB's tilts the balance. Disappointing as it would be Atlanta can reload. Denver has no QB beyond Manning who matters and that window has a fast approaching expiration date.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I've been saying for the past few days that I'll laugh my jiggly tits off if not one of the Pats, Broncos, Niners or Seahawks gets to the Superbowl.

I would go for Atlanta with Denver a close second.......just because Atlanta was a play away from the SB, and Denver and Seattle were a play and a game away. I like the Atlanta move with the RB, but I don't think they are going to get to the SB with Mike Smith as coach.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Denver is built to win now. Manning's window is 2-3 more years at the most, and he was brought in solely to win a Lombardi. Anything less, I think, will be looked at as a big failure.

Ryan is feeling a ton of pressure to get over that hump like Flacco did this year. While he's still young and has a lot of good years ahead of him, his reputation as a playoff choker is growing.

I don't think Seattle has any great pressure on them to win now. They came out of nowhere last year and Wilson is only going into his second year. They should be good for awhile.

Denver, they went all into manning, are in clear win now mode and if they don't get one while he's there they could be irrelevant for a while again

Depends on their schedule this year. I can see all three getting close, but knocked out by the 9ers. Would be interesting to see packers beat all the contenders and go to the SB. I truly believe that too many super players on one team can cause problems.

Blog Entries

I suppose I would have to pick Denver just because of the timing. They need to win before Manning is 40 lol.

Atlanta and SEA have a lot of time left, even though ATL looks like a win now team too with a 37 year old TE and a 30 year old RB stopgap.

So of my 3 choices I would have to set it as DEN>ATL>SEA. If Manning were younger I'd say ATL.

Blog Entries

Denver have a very short window of opportunity here, and it's likely only two seasons. If they don't win the SB in that time, it will go down as a huge disappointment IMO. When Peyton goes, they will llikely turn to Brock Osweiler who didn't look great at Arizona, and doesn't have the strongest arm for a 6'7 kid, although I liked his competitiveness.

Its not only Peyton, they have a ton of talent coming up to address down the road. Zane Beadless is going to want Marshall Yanda money and perhaps more, Ryan Clady is going to be very hard to keep past this year, they don't have an every down RB on the roster that isn't on his last legs, you got Erick Decker and Thomas coming up for contract years, both will be very hard to keep, and of course you have Von Miller. What are they going to do with Baily?

The team is stacked right now, but they are going to have to draft really well over the next few seasons because they are going to have some issues keeping that team together for very long. If Peyton was 28, I'd think they'd be in good shape for the next decade, but they have an awful amount of money invested in a QB that realistically only has a couple of seasons left in him. Denver needs this so much more than Seattle or Atlanta.

Seattle are set for a long time, they have young talent everywhere, and a young franchise QB, nobody is going to say anything else that wasn't said about us when we didn't win the SB between 2009-2011 (most expected us to win it in that time, not last year). Atlanta do have Matt Ryan and some young talent, they are going to have a tough time keeping that offense together though over the next few seasons.

I would say Denver. They seemed to have made some of the biggest offseason moves over the past couple of years.... adding major players that are on the downside of their careers and both are/were risky moves. There was no guarantee Manning would play up to his past standards, and Welker could turn out to be an aging, average position WR when taken out of the patriots system... Add that to the Dumerville debacle and I think they will come out of this season looking pretty foolish with out much return on their investments... We shall see.

I don't think I would put Atlanta in there. All they did was sign a free agent RB @ roughly 3 million a year (1.5 for the first year). Gonzales was just bringing back one of there own. Of course, ATL not being there in the end would be a failure with that O though... but it will be there for a while, their stars are young.

As far as Seattle goes.... I feel like they will always just be Seattle. A struggling team out of the major picture, that shows flashes at the right time. But that's all it takes. As far as Harvin goes, I like the talent but hate the player. Even when he's not a pain in the ass, he's missing games from migranes, etc. Hard to count on him to be there when you need him.

Blog Entries

remember Jacksonville last year and all of the FA money they spent? They looked like they were going all in. Got em 2 wins I think.

Atlanta would get my vote. Now they've decided to switch to a 3-4 and where is the personnel for that?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The clock is ticking on the Broncos. Anything short of the Super Bowl in the next 2 years and things are going to get very ugly.