Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 81
  1. #61

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds



    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    The Excellector makes a lot of assumptions based on what though? His statement in another post about Joe being sick of Reed had nothing to do with the media. It had to deal with him watching a behind the bench clip and drawing his own conclusion. His statement about Ray Lewis started with the premise that his name wasn't in the mutiny article- well guess what Ray Lewis wasn't there at the time.

    And if we can go by things based on the media there's an entire ESPN article that addresses the mutiny story and debunks that Ed Reed isn't a leader like he said. So explain how the contexts of his posts like that are truly accurate?

    And please you can talk about the Ravens without making statements like you know the inner relationships of the Ravens.
    I did not get the feeling that Excellector was stating anything as fact. Thought he was doing exactly what anyone one this board does which is speculate based on his own personal observations. None of us know the full story of the mutiny, Cams relationship with Joe, what they plan to do at LT blah blah blah. My guess is that in his post he just assumed that he did not have to start out by saying .... my guess is that ....

    Far as Ed as a leader. Sure Ed was a leader. He was a respected veteran, future Hall of Famer and has prob forgotten more than most rookies know coming into the league. Those qualities will be sorely missed I am sure but there are guys here who can help fill some of that void.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  2. #62

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    The Excellector makes a lot of assumptions based on what though? His statement in another post about Joe being sick of Reed had nothing to do with the media. It had to deal with him watching a behind the bench clip and drawing his own conclusion. His statement about Ray Lewis started with the premise that his name wasn't in the mutiny article- well guess what Ray Lewis wasn't there at the time.

    And if we can go by things based on the media there's an entire ESPN article that addresses the mutiny story and debunks that Ed Reed isn't a leader like he said. So explain how the contexts of his posts like that are truly accurate?

    And please you can talk about the Ravens without making statements like you know the inner relationships of the Ravens.
    I am addressing the Excellector's theory on John Harbaugh being a Michael Corleone. Regardless of where Ray Lewis was during any alleged munitiny, the fact remains EVERYONE in the NFL inside, outisde, on the street knows that was the face, the leader of that team for 17 years. They are putting a statue of him out side the stadium for crying out loud. His voice or lack thereof in any team related issues speaks louder than any voice heard or not heard because of who he is. Quite possibly one of the greatest football players to ever play. NFL players go to him for advice. Commissioner Goodell calls him for opinions. I don't think it is a stretch to make any assumption of Ray's handling of team and John Harbaugh being anything less than what it was, perfect. And the less heard the more likely it was Ray's way, the right way.

    ESPN? Sorry, your dedicated sports network is about making headlines and getting people to talk, it's Skip Bayless in it's reporting. The level of respect they get dwarfs everyday with NFLN, CBSSports, media are biting chunks off of them due to their lowered credibility. They don't give a shit about anything other than New England, Dallas, Tim Tebow, or Peyton Manning. Please.

    As for statements, it is reasonable to make observations based upon things like Pollard running his mouth after the fact. I don't think we need a bug in the locker room to come to the assumption Harbaugh and the powers want a more unified team. Harbaugh fired a family friend for crying out loud in Cam Cameron. Speaks volumes to me, but you go back to ESPN and enjoy the programming.




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
    Ray was injured at the Dallas game. the mutiny happened in November. Sorry, but Ray was most likely not at the mutiny. If he was, he had no dog in the race because he was not practicing.

    Also, Ray had the ear of the owner. There are people behind the scenes that say Ray was instrumental in Billick's firing.

    I love Ray as much as the next person. he deserves the Ring of Honor and he deserves a statute on the south side of the Stadium. But, he is not perfect and he did not always do things above board.
    I'm not talking about what he did under Billick. I am talking about what he did under Harbaugh. When the defense struggled, did you see him bucking at coaches? No, observe the way he talked to them. When Graham and Brown couldn't stop arguing in New England, who rallied the group and got them on the same page? Ray Lewis.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #64

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    John Harbaugh is a gangster at heart. If you haven't figured that out by now, you might want to ask somebody.

    Whose is the one key name missing from the entire 'mutiny' story? The leader of leaders for the Baltimore Ravens, Ray Lewis. Do you want to know why, because Ray Lewis handled issues with the coaching staff the right way. When he felt that Greg Mattison was not aggressive enough, he went to him personally, behind closed doors. When he felt that they should "let the rushers rush and the cover guys cover", as he put it, he went to the coaches, before bringing his information back to the players. Ray Lewis led with positive energy. If you notice, of all the veterans that we've heard of who didn't care for Harbaugh, the one guy whose name has never came up is Ray Lewis.

    Reed was never a leader. Reed was an introvert who wanted to do things his own way. Once he got older, due to his status, he just felt like he shouldn't be told how to do things, because his way always worked. His actual leadership skills are hit and miss.

    You don't buck a coach after the ass whooping they took, because you don't feel as though you should have to practice in pads. Really? Do you think Belichick puts up with that shit? Do you think Mike Tomlin puts up with that shit? That defense went through one sucky assed season and look how the players handled it throughout the entire year. God Bless Ray Lewis, because there aren't too many leaders that could have kept that ship together. God Bless Joe Flacco too, because he's the one who had to put up with Cameron's shit while getting criticized by his own teammates no less. Who was the main guy who came out and did that? Surprise, surprise, Ed Reed.

    I keep telling you guys that John Harbaugh is Michael Corleone deep down. And you know what, now that they won the Super Bowl, Ozzie is REALLY going to roll with it. This is what Bisciotti wanted when he fired Billick, somebody to unify the locker room and restore order.
    I must say this is one well done post. I think you're on to something for a change and not on something

    From this point going forward John Harbaugh will have his fingerprints all over this team.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    There is something that we need to be clear about here. We are talking about the Baltimore Ravens organization. We are never, at the time of the action, going to get clear cut evidence of a sole reason as to why something is done. It's one person's speculation against another.

    You may point to Joe going over to congratulate Reed after a pick six. I may point to Joe sending Reed a text message, after Reed called him to clear the air about his statements. As Michael Irvin put it, if you are really on good terms with someone like you say, you don't text them after they call you and leave a message.

    You can point to Flacco and Reed celebrating together after a game. I can point to Reed trying to pump up Flacco, only for Flacco to darn near ignore him, yet celebrate like crazy on his way to the sidelines with other players.

    Reed's leadership was in getting players lined up who would be lost without him. In the locker room, Reed did not lead the way that Lewis did. From the moment John Harbaugh arrived. John wanted to get rid of Ray's dance and went to Ray about it. Ray actually said that he would be okay with getting rid of it, but that perhaps John should talk to the players first. John kept it and ended up sending Ray back on the field against Indianapolis to do the dance one last time.

    You didn't hear comments like Reed made in an interview where he tries to explain his comments about wanting Rex as the coach. Something along the lines of, "I wouldn't expect John Harbaugh to be naive enough to take those comments personally, etc." Really?

    John had great things to say about Chris McAlister on his way out. Newsflash, ANYBODY who had ANY idea about how McAlister was around town had something negative to say about him.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #66

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I am addressing the Excellector's theory on John Harbaugh being a Michael Corleone. Regardless of where Ray Lewis was during any alleged munitiny, the fact remains EVERYONE in the NFL inside, outisde, on the street knows that was the face, the leader of that team for 17 years. They are putting a statue of him out side the stadium for crying out loud. His voice or lack thereof in any team related issues speaks louder than any voice heard or not heard because of who he is. Quite possibly one of the greatest football players to ever play. NFL players go to him for advice. Commissioner Goodell calls him for opinions. I don't think it is a stretch to make any assumption of Ray's handling of team and John Harbaugh being anything less than what it was, perfect. And the less heard the more likely it was Ray's way, the right way.

    ESPN? Sorry, your dedicated sports network is about making headlines and getting people to talk, it's Skip Bayless in it's reporting. The level of respect they get dwarfs everyday with NFLN, CBSSports, media are biting chunks off of them due to their lowered credibility. They don't give a shit about anything other than New England, Dallas, Tim Tebow, or Peyton Manning. Please.

    As for statements, it is reasonable to make observations based upon things like Pollard running his mouth after the fact. I don't think we need a bug in the locker room to come to the assumption Harbaugh and the powers want a more unified team. Harbaugh fired a family friend for crying out loud in Cam Cameron. Speaks volumes to me, but you go back to ESPN and enjoy the programming.
    The Excellector could very well be right in his overall theory about Harbaugh but a lot of what he was using to round it out with had holes in them and when you use misinformation to make your point it doesn't hold as much ground. No one is denying the leader Ray Lewis was but at the end of the day he doesn't know exactly how he went about his business.

    Nice but the article was written by former Baltimore Sun writer Kevin Van Valkenburg who would have good access to Ravens info and was probably their best writer before he went to ESPN. And I only bring this up because you mentioned the fact the things that are spread by the media are more accurate than we think. So that article should hold some ground according to you.

    Look I'm not arguing either way about if certain players were or weren't a problem with Harbaugh. My point is when fans make assumptions based on 1 minute behind the bench clips or tie in how THEY think about a player with a scenario they thinks matches or base it on select info from media leaks it's makes their opinion look very short sighted.




  7. #67

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is something that we need to be clear about here. We are talking about the Baltimore Ravens organization. We are never, at the time of the action, going to get clear cut evidence of a sole reason as to why something is done. It's one person's speculation against another.

    You may point to Joe going over to congratulate Reed after a pick six. I may point to Joe sending Reed a text message, after Reed called him to clear the air about his statements. As Michael Irvin put it, if you are really on good terms with someone like you say, you don't text them after they call you and leave a message.

    You can point to Flacco and Reed celebrating together after a game. I can point to Reed trying to pump up Flacco, only for Flacco to darn near ignore him, yet celebrate like crazy on his way to the sidelines with other players.
    That exactly what I pointed out- that you can show 'evidence' to back your theory and then I can show you 'evidence' of my own at the end of the day all we would be doing is going in circles because we don't know. You can use your speculation. It's within your right. I personally find using the type of logic you do with this particular subject to be ridiculous and short sighted.




  8. #68

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    The Excellector could very well be right in his overall theory about Harbaugh but a lot of what he was using to round it out with had holes in them and when you use misinformation to make your point it doesn't hold as much ground. No one is denying the leader Ray Lewis was but at the end of the day he doesn't know exactly how he went about his business.

    Nice but the article was written by former Baltimore Sun writer Kevin Van Valkenburg who would have good access to Ravens info and was probably their best writer before he went to ESPN. And I only bring this up because you mentioned the fact the things that are spread by the media are more accurate than we think. So that article should hold some ground according to you.

    Look I'm not arguing either way about if certain players were or weren't a problem with Harbaugh. My point is when fans make assumptions based on 1 minute behind the bench clips or tie in how THEY think about a player with a scenario they thinks matches or base it on select info from media leaks it's makes their opinion look very short sighted.
    Every theory has holes, you disagree with his opinion, I get it. I agree with it. Move on.

    Actually, what I was saying is stuff the media puts out there is 50/50. Often what you see on the sidelines or in "Tweets" or former player coming out and talking shit is far closer to the truth than KVV can come up with to keep a paycheck from ESPN.

    And like I said, I am making the assumption based around Pollard's comments and the Excellector's spot on assessment that John Harbaugh wants the team his way. That part is obvious. The point of contention is who was the malcontents and who weren't. Based off the bitching of a Tennessee Titan, I am going with the theory the Excellector put forth.

    And for the record, this is far from short sighted opinion if you take into account everything John Harbaugh has done in his tenure here. It makes perfect sense.




  9. #69

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Every theory has holes, you disagree with his opinion, I get it. I agree with it. Move on.

    Actually, what I was saying is stuff the media puts out there is 50/50. Often what you see on the sidelines or in "Tweets" or former player coming out and talking shit is far closer to the truth than KVV can come up with to keep a paycheck from ESPN.

    And like I said, I am making the assumption based around Pollard's comments and the Excellector's spot on assessment that John Harbaugh wants the team his way. That part is obvious. The point of contention is who was the malcontents and who weren't. Based off the bitching of a Tennessee Titan, I am going with the theory the Excellector put forth.

    And for the record, this is far from short sighted opinion if you take into account everything John Harbaugh has done in his tenure here. It makes perfect sense.
    I'm not necessary saying his conclusion about John Harbaugh is shortsighted. I'm talking about the things he used while trying to make his point. Obviously you and I are focused on two different things so this conversation is at a dead end.




  10. #70

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Our run defense went from fairly stout to fairly sucks.
    Our d-line was the main culprit for that. I mean, Pollard wasn't that great in coverage, but even last year he was solid in run support.




  11. #71

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    I'm not necessary saying his conclusion about John Harbaugh is shortsighted. I'm talking about the things he used while trying to make his point. Obviously you and I are focused on two different things so this conversation is at a dead end.
    Fair enough, we agree to disagree about what we agree on, agreed?

    Have good one!





  12. #72

    Re: Bernard Pollard responds

    Pollard barking orders and throwing football's at new teammates

    http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...own-on-friday/




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland