Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sergio Kindle - ILB?

From what I understand, Kindle was pretty much a true ILB at Texas, right? How ironic is it that this is probably our biggest positional need, and we already spend a high 2nd round pick on somebody who supposedly was a top 15 talent who never saw any meaningful snaps before he got cut? Word is that he's trying out for the Giants now, I wonder if there's any chance that he hasn't burned his last bridge with us.

Re: Sergio Kindle - ILB?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    From what I understand, Kindle was pretty much a true ILB at Texas, right? How ironic is it that this is probably our biggest positional need, and we already spend a high 2nd round pick on somebody who supposedly was a top 15 talent who never saw any meaningful snaps before he got cut? Word is that he's trying out for the Giants now, I wonder if there's any chance that he hasn't burned his last bridge with us.
    No, he was a DE in college.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

LOL. Well that was one quick end to a thread.

Blog Entries

He was a true 4-3 end at Texas and was a very good one, such a waste of talent, he could have been a great player if he wasn't such a dumbass.

Blog Entries

I feel bad for the guy, he has balance problems and deaf in one ear as well, that's not a good combination. The Ravens did him well for paying him a few years and giving him medical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No, he was a DE in college.
    Sorry, I was just going off of what I read on Wikipedia. Main reason I made this thread was to confirm it. That makes me feel better, we have plenty of depth at that position now. It could have been worse. We could have used that pick on Tebow like the Broncos did...

Blog Entries

Sergio Kindle - ILB? :

"Inury prone / Liability / Bust" ... Bc

Kindle.....:grbac:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Sorry, I was just going off of what I read on Wikipedia. Main reason I made this thread was to confirm it. That makes me feel better, we have plenty of depth at that position now. It could have been worse. We could have used that pick on Tebow like the Broncos did...
    Broncos got a better return out of Tebow than we got out of Kindle. But Kindle is done as a raven, and probably as a player. He'll never be the same player again and a position switch won't change that. He's not even practice squad material.

10. Re: Sergio Kindle - ILB?

Did anyone really think that he was going to be able to overcome a skull fracture that not only left him deaf in one ear but also damaged his sense of balance?
    It was obvious that the Ravens kept him around mainly to be charitable, and because they weren't so tight up against the cap as to absolutely need the roster spot.

(though maybe if they'd had a quality backup guard or another veteran WR in 2011, they might have then had back-to-back Super Bowl appearances)

uummmm..NO.

We got lots of inside backers under contract who could step up.
    Don't forget about Nigel Carr. I'm not giving up on him just yet.
    And Oz could still draft Arthur Brown or Kiko Alonso or even Bostic to pair up with McClain.

I think the real question is how about Webb to safety....
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt