Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Has Manti Te'o been taken off the Ravens' board?

The last time the front office's desire for ultra athleticism at ILB matched the board's, the Ravens drafted Tavares Gooden. Could run east and west all day long. Bowed out when facing a blocker, could barely pick the right gap and overran it when he did.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Haven't read the whole thread yet, so don't know if it's been mentioned, but Jimmy Smith had worse off-field problems than Te'o, and the Ravens took him in the first.

If they took him off the board, it's probably due to concerns about his athleticism and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The last time the front office's desire for ultra athleticism at ILB matched the board's, the Ravens drafted Tavares Gooden. Could run east and west all day long. Bowed out when facing a blocker, could barely pick the right gap and overran it when he did.
    Off-base example IMO. Gooden was the anti-Teo. He had athleticism off the charts but never translated it into results on the field. Even the Teo doubters aren't questioning his instincts, they are questioning his speed and athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Like someone said, Harbs shaking his head may have been the final blow. .
    Again, for the 4567th time, Harbaugh shaking his head wasn't even related to Teo's time. The head shaking started before he had even finished his 40 dash. He was in a conversation with someone else at the time and the head shake was related to that conversation and not the dash at all. The media threw this figurative line out there hopeful that there would be enough suckers to bite on it, and clearly there were.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Again, for the 4567th time, Harbaugh shaking his head wasn't even related to Teo's time. The head shaking started before he had even finished his 40 dash. He was in a conversation with someone else at the time and the head shake was related to that conversation and not the dash at all. The media threw this figurative line out there hopeful that there would be enough suckers to bite on it, and clearly there were.
    Ignoring the swipe there, but I didn't hear that. If this is true, could you provide the link confirming this or at least tell me the souce so I can look for myself? I'm really interested in knowing the truth on it, but I actually watched the combine that day. What I saw was Harbs eyes following Teo and mid way through the run where most players have a 2nd gear, Teo didn't accelerate and topped out and that's when I saw the head shaking. I didn't watch the news for that, but if you have other information of him clearing that up, I'm game on seeing it.

If you are going off something that Harbs said that he wasn't shaking his head on that, that could be just him saving face on not providing a tell on the Raven's draft plans. Either way I'm game on seeing that information you have no matter if this is the 4567th time.

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Has Manti Te'o been taken off the Ravens' board?

I know I'm late to the thread, but (apologies in advance) I simply cannot resist a straight line this juicy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Do you really think that Ozzie or anyone else in the Ravens FO is talking to Yahoo?
    Oz, or someone else in the FO, is talking to Yahoos at least once a day. In the 21st century USA the species subsists on donuts & innuendo & is better known as The Press.

Matt Zenitz‏@mzenitz12m
    Mel Kiper: ‘No way’ Te’o falls to the Ravens in draft - Carroll County Times: Baltimore #Ravens http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...3Fm460.twitter
    Schefter IIRC said about the same 4-5 weeks ago.
    It seems as if someone has definitely told these two that they are definitely taking Te'o if he's on the board at #___.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Schefter IIRC said about the same 4-5 weeks ago.
    It seems as if someone has definitely told these two that they are definitely taking Te'o if he's on the board at #___.
    Mel seems to be my go to person every year with the information. If any team has said they are taking Te'o i would trust Mel and saying "Da Bears" are that team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...tyrann-mathieu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Mel seems to be my go to person every year with the information. If any team has said they are taking Te'o i would trust Mel and saying "Da Bears" are that team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...tyrann-mathieu
    I could see the Giants making a play for him too. Same with Houston.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.