Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Has Manti Te'o been taken off the Ravens' board?

Just an FYI y'all ....

Ravens related draft stuff can go on the main board.

I'm going to go ahead and move it there.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens really did take a player off their board they certainly aren't letting anyone know that information before the draft.

Blog Entries

FYI here is the source.

Notre Dame Pro Day Notes: Manti Te'o improved his 40, so that's the good news. The bad news is that five teams told Yahoo! that Te'o is not a first-rounder. One team in the 20-32 range that needs an inside linebacker told us that they will not be taking Te'o, citing distractions.
    http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    John Harbaugh is on record of saying a lot of things, but they might not always match up with what he and Ozzie say behind the scenes. Come on, you are going to draft a guy foolish enough to fall for a fake girlfriend hoax, for years? You are going to put a million dollars in this guy's hands? Even when there are still inadequacies in the story as a whole? To play in the spot vacated by Ray Lewis?
    I would bet my paycheck that Ozzie will not draft Te'o if he had the chance. Te'o is just not an Ozzie pick.

It won't matter anyways because we are picking Tavon Austin. :happyanim

Blog Entries

I don't think any of the ILBs coming out this year warrant a first round pick, including Te'o. However, if he is still on the board at the end of the second round, then he becomes a value pick at that point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    FYI here is the source.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php
    Do you really think that Ozzie or anyone else in the Ravens FO is talking to Yahoo?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't think any of the ILBs coming out this year warrant a first round pick, including Te'o. However, if he is still on the board at the end of the second round, then he becomes a value pick at that point.
    Ive been saying that all along. Where he gets drafted and where his value is are two different things. I think he goes early second, should go mid second and agree hed be a value and the end of two. Reminds me of Torrey Smith, when people had him as our pick at the end of one, yet Ozzie got him end of 2. All this talk and after april well probably see he fell to where his value meets the pick.

as far as Ozzie taking him off our board. I think its doubtful. We havent taken guys off our board that have more character concerns than Teo, its just that we probably diminish his value. If other teams have him as an early two, we may knock him down to late 2 early 3, but in his case probably not all together.
    -JAB

Pure speculation and pre-draft smoke screens. Why would any team reveal who or who isn't on their board? I'm not questioning whether Teo is round 1 material but just the thought that teams are revealing how other teams are grading prospects is partly pre-draft strategy (i.e smoke screen).

I find it hard to believe that Harbaugh would want to tip his hand for the league to know. I guess that it's hard for him to shield his initial reactions, especially when he's not expected to be videotaped and turned into a meme like he was. Either he's playing everybody and is still interested in Teo, or needs to keep his opinions to himself when he's in public. It takes away trade leverage when teams know who you will and won't pick.

Ravens would be foolish to remove a player from their draft board because he was duped. There are quite a few players that should be removed before Teo if they were removing players because of character. Ogletree was described by a member of one team's front office as an "immature idiot". I would be more worried about a player like that than a player who may be naive.

Ravens usually do their homework and past transgressions are not automatic for removal. See Jimmy Smith.

My guess is that if the Ravens removed Te'o from their board at 32 it's a simple matter that they feel there are at least 35 other guys who they value more thus making it improbable they would pick him at that spot.

My guess is that the Ravens are not that team but that the Ravens really do not have him on their board at least at 32. If your gonna take a ILB in the first, you better have some reason to believe that guy is going to be special IMO if your passing talent at playmaking positions or more integral defensive slots.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

As a top 32 player; I don't think he is on the board to begin with...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!