Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trade back scenarios for QB needy teams that want to re-enter the back of rd 1

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Hahaha wow... I'm not very bright
    I'm sure you just had more important things on your brain at the time. :)

Blog Entries

Re: Trade back scenarios for QB needy teams that want to re-enter the back of rd 1

I don't think it's that likely to be honest, if a team is going to take a punt trading up I reckon they'll be looking at a few teams above the Ravens.

We will have close to 11 picks next year as well due to comp picks and possibly more if we do a trade like the Boldin one after this coming season.

So I dont see oz looking for 2014 picks unless they are #1 or #2 with a high likelyhood that they will be early picks.

It would be a waste if we traded back and had 14-15 picks as half the players wont even be on the PS. The only way we do that is if we plan to use those picks to move up and get extra 2nd 3rds and 4ths.

But I see it as a very strong possibility we move out of 32 in my view that is the 2nd best pick with the first pick in round 2 being the best pick. we have our choice of all available players and knowing that there are no other teams that night that take one we like that we may target in the 2nd round like with upshaw where we got lucky and no one took him. But if there is someone there at 32 who oz REALLY likes we are taking him but if multiple players and there is an offer for a pick in the top 5 in the 2nd I would do it as chances are we could get one of the players we would have taken at 32.

I see one move back with a lot of trade ups.

Blog Entries

Buffalo gets out 1st (590) and 2nd (270)
    We get their 2nd (490) and 1st next year.

Now trying to figure a value for a future pick is dicey.
    One rule is to discount the pick value 25% by year away (less 25% next year, less 50% 2 years out), and do you keep the same slot value as this year.... (what team aspires to be picking 9th again??) So going a straight 1,350 value for Buffalo's #1 next year doesn't work, and I'm not sure how to factor it in but I know we have late round sweetners (leaving us comp picks we have to keep and use)

We are also looking at comp picks for next year, won't be able to keep the majority of what we draft this year, it makes a lot of sense to try to get something LT high next year and work this year in the LB value range. (assuming Buffalo stinks again :) )
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Saw a rumor (of the never-ending stream of rumors) that SF wants to move up to 8 and give BUF their 31 and 34 in return (plus it would take a little more).

If they do that SF will take away one of our potential late rd. 1 trade partners.

SF has so much good ammo.