Al Fronczak mocks us... Terron Armstead!!!

Teron Armstead has been mocked to the Ravens by Al Fronczak - East Coast Sports News. Fronczak is the 3rd ranked mocker in the Huddle Report so I suppose he has a clue. First time I've seen Armstead in the first round but once you think of it, this is plausible. This should excite some of you-including me.

edit- Al is also giving updates this morning to what he says is the most unpredictable 1st round in a long time.

A notable omission in Al's mock: NO ILB's at all in round 1.

Al also has several trades including trades at the end of the round one.

Blog Entries

Re: Al Fronczak mocks us... Terron Armstead!!!

I wouldn't mind Armstead as our 1st pick....but not 1st round. If he's there at 32, I'd be desperately looking for a trade back partner. He'd last the first 5 or 6 picks in Round 2.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I wouldn't mind Armstead as our 1st pick....but not 1st round. If he's there at 32, I'd be desperately looking for a trade back partner. He'd last the first 5 or 6 picks in Round 2.
    I don't agree with this at all. Of the first 11 teams picking in the 2nd round, 9 have HUGE needs at OT. Would Armstead make it past the Jaguars (no RT on the roster at all), Eagles (huge uncertainty at OT w/Jason Peters coming back from injury at age 31), Lions (no proven LT or RT on the roster at all), etc.?

Even if some of those teams address OT in the first round, I think there's a great chance Armstead and/or Menelik Watson is going to go off the board in that 9-team range at the top of the 2nd. I doubt either of those guys makes it past the first 6 or so picks in the 2nd, so the Ravens could easily miss out if they trade back 8 or 9 spots.

Armstead and Watson would both be big reaches in the 1st, so Ozzie won't take them there, and they probably won't be around at #62, so I really don't see either of those guys wearing purple in 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Of the first 11 teams picking in the 2nd round, 9 have HUGE needs at OT. Would Armstead make it past the Jaguars (no RT on the roster at all), Eagles (huge uncertainty at OT w/Jason Peters coming back from injury at age 31), Lions (no proven LT or RT on the roster at all), etc.?

Even if some of those teams address OT in the first round, I think there's a great chance Armstead and/or Menelik Watson is going to go off the board in that 9-team range at the top of the 2nd. I doubt either of those guys makes it past the first 6 or so picks in the 2nd, so the Ravens could easily miss out if they trade back 8 or 9 spots.

Armstead and Watson would both be big reaches in the 1st, so Ozzie won't take them there, and they probably won't be around at #62, so I really don't see either of those guys wearing purple in 2013.
    The teams I see making early moves on OT are Chiefs, Lions, Jags, Eagles, Cardinals, and Chargers. You can write down Chiefs for an OT, Jags/Eagles/Lions for 2 OTs (I see Fisher going to KC, Joeckel going to either Jags or someone trading up for him, then Lane Johnson goes to either Eagles or Lions, one of which I'd guess would trade up for Joeckel). There's also Menelik Watson, Justin Pugh, Kyle Long. I can't see us taking him at 32, I think that's not great value. I see a lot of defensive players higher on Ozzie's board then Armstead.

Again, I'll reserve that we COULD trade back a few spots and take Armstead around 35-36 or so. I just can't see him at 32.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

And probably we can pencil in the trade of Branden Albert to Miami so that's another OT need filled.

Bob McGinn's first round mock (2nd last yr on Huddle Report) is available also.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/mock2...204600961.html

Here is Robby Esch's mock from The Huddle Report

1) KC - Eric Fisher
    2) Jacksonville - Luke Joeckel
    3) Oakland - Shariff Floyd
    4) Philadelphia - Lane Johnson
    5) Detroit - Barkavious Mingo
    6) Cleveland - Gino Smith
    7) Arizona - Chance Warmack
    8) Buffalo - Tavon Austin
    9) NY Jets - Dion Jordan
    10) Tennessee - Jonathan Cooper
    11) San Diego - Dee Milliner
    12) Miami - Xavier Rhodes
    13) NY Jets - DJ Hayden
    14) Carolina - Ezekiel Ansah
    15) New Orleans - Star Lotulelei
    16) St Louis - Kenny Vaccaro
    17) Pittsburgh - Jarvis Jones
    18) Dallas - Eric Reid
    19) NY Giants - Kevin Ogletree
    20) Chicago - Manti Te'o
    21) Cincinnati - Arthur Brown
    22) St Louis - Corradelle Patterson
    23) Minnesota - Sheldon Richardson
    24) Indianapolis - Eddie Lacy
    25) Minnesota - Robert Woods
    26) Green Bay - Bjerne Werner
    27) Houston - DeAndre Hopkins
    28) Denver - Marcus Trufant
    29) New England - Jamar Taylor
    30) Atlanta - Datone Jones
    31) San Francisco - Jonathan Cyprien
    32) Baltimore - Keenan Allen

I would love for Armstead to be a raven. Rather at 32 or early second. A projected line of Armstead-KO-GINO-Yanda-Oher, I like Flacco chances.

My bold prediction, both armstead and Watson to in the first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I would love for Armstead to be a raven. Rather at 32 or early second. A projected line of Armstead-KO-GINO-Yanda-Oher, I like Flacco chances.
    I beg to differ. IMHO I don't think Ozzie would take this (developmental) LT @ #32, or even in the early 2nd (considering a trade down)... Bc