Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I am excited for the Ravens to play on the road this week

Because Flacco gets to play in a dome.

Flacco has been playing great these past three-four weeks despite horrible football conditions. The Jets and Steelers were super windy, while today was a blizzard. The Bears game was a tornado. Flacco makes the game-winning touchdown pass if the snap is better. A huge third down conversion would've been caught by Tandon Doss, too. (I'm sure you remember which play I'm talking about) Today Torrey Smith likely has a 48 yard touchdown if he doesn't slip.

The point is, the Ravens have had a lot of just-misses this past month. Next Sunday in the Detroit dome those just-misses might become just perfect.

Relevant statistics:

Flacco vs Texans (2008): 119 QBR
    Flacco vs Cowboys (2008): 97 QBR
    Flacco vs Vikings (2009): 109 QBR
    Flacco vs Falcons (2010): 100 QBR (and I randomly remember that his interception that game was a bit of a freak play)
    Flacco vs Texans (2010): 108 QBR
    Flacco vs Rams (2011): 103 QBR. (Rather surprised he didn't have a higher rating. 3 touchdowns and 389 yards.)

Note: He did have a sucky game against the Colts in his rookie season, and another sucky game against the Texans last year. I didn't include them up above because the Colts game was during his 1 TD/7 INT five-game stretch to start his career, and the Texans' retractable roof was open. Plus, two picks that game came off of deflections, and he had 10 passes batted at the line. (If you disagree with my decision to omit, that's fine, but please keep it to yourself so that this thread doesn't get sidetracked.)

Oh, I almost forgot...

Super Bowl - 126 QBR (highest Super Bowl rating since 1994)

A little bit of Super Bowl mysticism:
    In the year of the outdoor Super Bowl, the Ravens just happen to spend an entire month battling through rigorous outdoor elements, game after game, while finally finding their groove leading into the month of December and, eventually, January.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 12-09-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: I am excited for the Ravens to play on the road this week

I duno about on the road. We're on a roll at home but get Stafford and his receiver up there and if they put you know who over Gino, watch out.

I just don't know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I duno about on the road. We're on a roll at home but get Stafford and his receiver up there and if they put you know who over Gino, watch out.

I just don't know.
    I see Jimmy Smith getting a pick or two against Calvin. Jimmy is playing out of his mind and you just know Stafford will be attacking him.

I expect Torrey Smith to have a huge game. He has got to be pissed at himself for his performance the last two games. He let another deep ball bounce off his hands today. He's in a funk, but he'll snap out of it before the playoffs and be better than ever.

This game could go about a million different ways. Both teams have been wildly inconsistent much of the year, but it does seem like the Ravens are starting to come together a bit. The weather conditions in the past four games have been deplorable, so yeah, it'll be refreshing to see them be able to utilize their talent a little better.

It would be nice to have a game like against the Jets, the last 2 made me die a little. There's been a lot of things out of synch all year and Pitta's return could be the spark the offense needs. Common sense tells me we are about as equal opponents on paper as you can find. I'm thinking we need to win at least 2 of the remaining three games. With the Pats and Bengals left, we need to win this one even if I suffer.

I'm looking forward to going to Detroit. Let us get a weather break and play ball in a dome. I agreed Torrey should be pissed. This can be a break out the funk game for him. Are we peaking? My opinion, I think so. The bears game, we found some running game. , jets was a boost for all units. Shitsburgh a rough tough and huge game to win. Vikings, trap game like crazy, but found a calm and lock and loaded Flacco doing his 4 quarter magic again.
    Both teams will be 7-6 and inconsistent this year. But we can win up there, no doubt. Monday night, Flacco heating up, pitta back, this is going to be another battle. But I think Flacco and the deep ball will have a sweet night in a dome. It's clicking and adding pitta back, Torrey and Jones should have no less then 243 yds and 3 TD'S.
    Yup I think this game Monday , is the game the deep ball show it ass.

One worry I do have. Which I have been worried about all year and once again happen Sunday.
    Our tackling on screens. We are a joke at tackling screens this year. All year. And the lions with Bell and bush will throw a lot of them.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    It would be nice to have a game like against the Jets, the last 2 made me die a little. There's been a lot of things out of synch all year and Pitta's return could be the spark the offense needs. Common sense tells me we are about as equal opponents on paper as you can find. I'm thinking we need to win at least 2 of the remaining three games. With the Pats and Bengals left, we need to win this one even if I suffer.
    But better in the Redzone!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Because Flacco gets to play in a dome.

Flacco has been playing great these past three-four weeks despite horrible football conditions. The Jets and Steelers were super windy, while today was a blizzard. The Bears game was a tornado. Flacco makes the game-winning touchdown pass if the snap is better. A huge third down conversion would've been caught by Tandon Doss, too. (I'm sure you remember which play I'm talking about) Today Torrey Smith likely has a 48 yard touchdown if he doesn't slip.

The point is, the Ravens have had a lot of just-misses this past month. Next Sunday in the Detroit dome those just-misses might become just perfect.

Relevant statistics:

Flacco vs Texans (2008): 119 QBR
    Flacco vs Cowboys (2008): 97 QBR
    Flacco vs Vikings (2009): 109 QBR
    Flacco vs Falcons (2010): 100 QBR (and I randomly remember that his interception that game was a bit of a freak play)
    Flacco vs Texans (2010): 108 QBR
    Flacco vs Rams (2011): 103 QBR. (Rather surprised he didn't have a higher rating. 3 touchdowns and 389 yards.)

Note: He did have a sucky game against the Colts in his rookie season, and another sucky game against the Texans last year. I didn't include them up above because the Colts game was during his 1 TD/7 INT five-game stretch to start his career, and the Texans' retractable roof was open. Plus, two picks that game came off of deflections, and he had 10 passes batted at the line. (If you disagree with my decision to omit, that's fine, but please keep it to yourself so that this thread doesn't get sidetracked.)

Oh, I almost forgot...

Super Bowl - 126 QBR (highest Super Bowl rating since 1994)

A little bit of Super Bowl mysticism:
    In the year of the outdoor Super Bowl, the Ravens just happen to spend an entire month battling through rigorous outdoor elements, game after game, while finally finding their groove leading into the month of December and, eventually, January.
    What's to be excited about? The Ravens are 1-5 on the road. Now I'm not going to debate as to why we struggle on the road, It's a host of things. If anything there's increased optimisim because we're riding a 3 game winning streak

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What's to be excited about? The Ravens are 1-5 on the road. Now I'm not going to debate as to why we struggle on the road, It's a host of things. If anything there's increased optimisim because we're riding a 3 game winning streak
    He's right guys. Don't get excited for your favorite teams next football game.

We haven't played a road game since the Chicago game. We played relatively well in that game despite tornado conditions. We would have won if Gino could have snapped a wet ball in the mud.

I wouldn't bet on us winning but it wouldn't surprise me. So I'm excited. My favorite team has a chance to win a game that can help them make the playoffs. They've been playing in some hellacious weather conditions for the past few weeks and whether you believe it or not, it has changed the way they've played. It'll be entertaining at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He's right guys. Don't get excited for your favorite teams next football game.

We haven't played a road game since the Chicago game. We played relatively well in that game despite tornado conditions. We would have won if Gino could have snapped a wet ball in the mud.

I wouldn't bet on us winning but it wouldn't surprise me. So I'm excited. My favorite team has a chance to win a game that can help them make the playoffs. They've been playing in some hellacious weather conditions for the past few weeks and whether you believe it or not, it has changed the way they've played. It'll be entertaining at the very least.
    Well I guess my "increased optimisim" is just a shade under "excited":)

Well I guess my "increased optimisim" is just a shade under "excited":)
    We can work with that.

Blog Entries

Uh...

Did you read the post? Or just the title?

Anyways, the main reason is because Flacco always plays GREAT in domes.