Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pees: Upshaw could play inside linebacker

Re: Pees: Upshaw could play inside linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    He is a developing player with a lot of talent. I think he can make the transition and excel at it if he commits to it. So many like the cache of the pass rushing OLB, but if he can run stop ( which I think he has shown he can) he could set himself up to be one of the future leaders of this defense.

Blog Entries

In a 3-4, I can see it, easily. Plus, gives them FA options and draft options. This time of year though alot of bluffing can be going on with the draft upcoming.

Blog Entries

I think he could. I have ALWAYS said Upshaw is a beast. If I am the FO, I 'd already be thinking about locking him up in a few years, he may turn out to be a pro-bowl player.

Blog Entries

I think Upshaw would excel at ILB. He is over 270 lbs. and is good against the run. Also, he doesn't have the speed to excel as an edge pass rusher, but could be more effective as a bull rusher inside. that could set the Ravens up to draft a player like Arthur Brown early or Kevin Reddick in the 3rd-4th round, as both players could play ILB or OLB.

Blog Entries

Paul Kruger took 3 years to find his niche because we tried to do different things with him. I think that should be a cautionary tale (as well as Michael Oher) whenever they are considering taking a promising young player and moving him to a different position. I understand the thought process behind it (having your best players out there at all times) but some players may not have the aptitude to transition to a new position.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    In a 3-4, I can see it, easily. Plus, gives them FA options and draft options. This time of year though alot of bluffing can be going on with the draft upcoming.
    That was my first thought - Ravens saying 'we're not taking a ILB early... honest!'

Still,if he can, that's good for both his career and the Ravens - can move him around where needed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    That was my first thought - Ravens saying 'we're not taking a ILB early... honest!'

Still,if he can, that's good for both his career and the Ravens - can move him around where needed.
    Then I think they will draft Kevin Reddick (ILB out of North Carolina) in the middle rounds. They seem to really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Then I think they will draft Kevin Reddick (ILB out of North Carolina) in the middle rounds. They seem to really like him.
    I know I do. I think this means all signs point to a WR or LT in round 1/top of round 2 if they trade back
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries
    Makes sense to develop him inside and out as the article says, so you have the best players on the field...but I also had a thought that it could be a bit of a smokescreen Pre draft.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Pees said all his players can play different positions so they can slide them in when needed. They might play Up at ILB some but it doesn't mean he will move him there permamently. Radio just said they will draft someone for that spot.

Blog Entries

In certain packages, I could see it. However, I hope they get him to shed some weight this off-season. 270+lbs is too big for an ILB. There's no way he'll be able to cover anyone and even if he is a two-down ILB, he's going to have to be able to drop into zones and cover someone.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.