Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Set your DVRs! Ravens vs. Pats 2007 tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Wow. I completely forgot Clayton caught that hail Mary at the end on the 2 yard line.
    Me too! I think I had a mental block going on that since I hadn't seen the game in so long. That was a nice try/bomb. The only replay game I would watch was the 09 playoff win.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Really? I don't see it that way. Definitely a "budding" rivalry in that we've each one the past two AFC title games against each other. But I don't see it being anywhere near Steelers - Ravens.
    Maybe it's because I know alot of Pats fans and we're constantly going back and forth at each other.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Maybe it's because I know alot of Pats fans and we're constantly going back and forth at each other.
    Nothing should ever be able to top Steelers-Ravens, unless we go on a Colts type run on our division, and I don't see that happening because like it or not, the Bengals and Steelers are not bad orgs.

Outside of division rivalry, I'd say the next ones to look at would be Pats, Titans (former division rivals), Colts, and Texans.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

For anybody who cares, the game is actually in its entirety on youtube. I just watched it the other day when this thread first popped up.

Couple thoughts:

1) I don't know if I've ever seen M&T so intense. It was a nuthouse.

2) Boller played pretty well, but he did that Boller thing, and made two huge mistakes: First, the pick where he just chucked it up to nobody. And then, not having the team organized and running like 10-15 seconds off the clock needlessly on the last drive.

If that was the only game you ever saw of Boller you might think he had a chance to be a good QB. He did have a rocket arm. And he was tough, and mobile. But, even at his best, you say the poor decision-making, and the, frankly, odd mechanics and pocket presence.

3) Willis McGahee was a phenomenal talent. If he had as much passion throughout his career as he had that night he could have been truly great.

4) That defense was still prime. Lewis was slipping already, but still very good, but Ngata and Reed were at the top of their games.

5) Billick already in many ways seemed resigned. I hate reading body language on TV, but his frustration, and lack of control, were pretty apparent.

To be honest, I wouldn't have fired Billick when they did. We were only 1 year from being a 2 seed. But, it was a gutsy, and imo, the correct, call. I mean, the locker room was shredded. When you've got the announcers commenting on it on National TV, when Ryan is doing things that are reserved for the head coach, (and not to digress but thank god Ryan didn't get the Ravens job cause it would have perpetuated, and really reinforced, everything that was wrong w that team), and when players, Bart Scott, are showing utter disrespect for the game, and Billick just looks powerless to do anything about it, it's time to go.

Anyways, it was a great, great game. One of the best regular season games the Ravens have ever been involved in. We should have won. And yeah, the officiating cost us, because I do think that 4th down PI call was ticky tacky, but the officials weren't at fault when Ryan called that timeout, nor where they at fault to blow the play dead on the next play when NE jumped offsides. It was not a poorly or lopsided called game, by any stretch. I can say that in hindsight. I don't think I would have said that 5 years ago. Haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't have fired Billick when they did. We were only 1 year from being a 2 seed. But, it was a gutsy, and imo, the correct, call. I mean, the locker room was shredded. When you've got the announcers commenting on it on National TV, when Ryan is doing things that are reserved for the head coach, (and not to digress but thank god Ryan didn't get the Ravens job cause it would have perpetuated, and really reinforced, everything that was wrong w that team), and when players, Bart Scott, are showing utter disrespect for the game, and Billick just looks powerless to do anything about it, it's time to go.
    How did we do with that #2 seed though? Came out and our offense WILTED. Billick was a good coach, but apart from his SB run, he only won ONE single playoff game, in 2001. From 2001 until 2007, he was 1-3 in the playoffs. Not saying that alone should get him fired, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for making him safe, especially when before this year, a lot of people wanted to fire Harbaugh for failing to advance to a SB and "wasting the Defense"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

For anybody who cares, the game is actually in its entirety on youtube. I just watched it the other day when this thread first popped up.

Couple thoughts:

1) I don't know if I've ever seen M&T so intense. It was a nuthouse.

2) Boller played pretty well, but he did that Boller thing, and made two huge mistakes: First, the pick where he just chucked it up to nobody. And then, not having the team organized and running like 10-15 seconds off the clock needlessly on the last drive.

If that was the only game you ever saw of Boller you might think he had a chance to be a good QB. He did have a rocket arm. And he was tough, and mobile. But, even at his best, you say the poor decision-making, and the, frankly, odd mechanics and pocket presence.

3) Willis McGahee was a phenomenal talent. If he had as much passion throughout his career as he had that night he could have been truly great.

4) That defense was still prime. Lewis was slipping already, but still very good, but Ngata and Reed were at the top of their games.

5) Billick already in many ways seemed resigned. I hate reading body language on TV, but his frustration, and lack of control, were pretty apparent.

Anyways, it was a great, great game. One of the best regular season games the Ravens have ever been involved in. We should have won. And yeah, the officiating cost us, because I do think that 4th down PI call was ticky tacky, but the officials weren't at fault when Ryan called that timeout, nor where they at fault to blow the play dead on the next play when NE jumped offsides. It was not a poorly or lopsided called game, by any stretch. I can say that in hindsight. I don't think I would have said that 5 years ago. Haha.
    Can you post/PM me a link?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    How did we do with that #2 seed though? Came out and our offense WILTED. Billick was a good coach, but apart from his SB run, he only won ONE single playoff game, in 2001. From 2001 until 2007, he was 1-3 in the playoffs. Not saying that alone should get him fired, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for making him safe, especially when before this year, a lot of people wanted to fire Harbaugh for failing to advance to a SB and "wasting the Defense"
    We lost to the eventual World Champs, at home granted, w one of the greatest QBs of all-time in his prime. There's no shame in that.

Now you can't say that Billick shouldn't have gotten fired for his playoff record, and then quote his playoff record as why he should have gotten fired.
    He ultimately got fired, because he lost the team. And it was great decision in hindsight. I'm just saying I would have given him another year, wrongly.

Regarding the people calling for Harbs head, yeah, a lot of people are idiots. I don't advocate for them, nor do I use their idiocy to support my opinions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Can you post/PM me a link?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not sure if I should post a link but just go to youtube and search ravens vs. patriots 2007.

I'm not sure if I should post a link but just go to youtube and search ravens vs. patriots 2007.

Found it. Thanks!
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

We lost to the eventual World Champs, .
    The Pats didn't win the SB that season. They lost to the Giants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Pats didn't win the SB that season. They lost to the Giants.
    I'm talking bout 06.

Man one thing I kinda forgot: Boller sure did have an arm on him.