Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So...what does that have to do with the comments from people saying Ryan can't win in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Ask them. I didn't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Ask them. I didn't say it.
    Those were the people my original post were directed at. I engaged you because you responded to it.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The Matt Ryan bashing is so out of control on this board I'm almost rooting for him to go all the way to shut some of this stupid "he can't win the big one" crap up.

I can't respect anybody's opinion that insists on making declarative statements of guys never winning anything at the age of 27.

Agreed.

The Ryan hate by some Ravens fans ranks up there with worrying about what the media says.

But I'd still take Romo over Ryan. Yes, Romo has wet the bed in clutch situations but his T/I ratio and passing yards are impressive.

I was looking at Romo's career season by season stats and I was amazed at how he's blossomed over the years. I don't watch him very much, but by the way people talk about him, they seem to forget that he put up 4,900 yards last year, and is consistantly throwing for 30 TD's.

But that being said, the knock on his value is going to be his durability and age. I doubt that play-off success factors in too much. I'm sure that there would be at least 15 teams who would match that offer if the Cowboys refused.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

The Ryan hate by some Ravens fans ranks up there with worrying about what the media says.

But I'd still take Romo over Ryan. Yes, Romo has wet the bed in clutch situations but his T/I ratio and passing yards are impressive.
    I think I'd rather have Romo too, because of the different circumstances. While Ryan gets a pretty darn good team around him (twice been the number one seed in three years!), the Cowboys perpetually have issues on defense and the offensive line at this point, to say nothing of an owner whose constantly undermining the coach and preventing the cultivating of any discipline or organization. That it actually seems close in context means I'll default to the guy who's working with less.

And I remain wholly unimpressed with Ryan's arm.

I guess I would flip a coin. They are the same QB. Put up big numbers during regular season, then take a shit in the playoffs. If I had to choose I guess I would take Ryan because of the age and the potential for a better future.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I don't think it's knee jerk because people here are still saying the same bullshit even after Joe won it all this year.

Or maybe they just think Ryan sucks because he shits the bed year after year in the playoffs.

That said, I'd take Ryan over Romo. Romo has more skills and is more athletic, but the monkey on his back is too large. Ryan is a younger guy, so there is still a sliver of hope for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    btw, has same number of playoff wins as Tony Romo in less amount of time.
    But Ryan's had far better weapons and a run game to lean in IMO. Dallas seems to always be near last in the league in rushing. If they want Romo to get them further they need to fix the Oline and running game.

But I'd still probably take Ryan ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't see how this is even a question. Since 2006, Romo has topped 8 wins just twice. Ryan has never had fewer than 9 wins in a season, has made the playoffs 4 of 5 years, and been to the NFC Championship game. He's not Joe Montana in the playoffs but he sure as hell is better than Romo. Factoring in other things like age, no GM in the league would take Romo over Ryan right now. None.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

10. Re: Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

I worry about both players under the big lights going forward. I think we saw the pressure get to Romo last year in that week 17 game...if he has another collapse like that Jerry may jump the shark and do something stupid. Matt Ryan is another bone headed playoff loss away from being in Romo territory with the media hate.

I'll repeat what I said: I think Romo would be a much better player away from the pressure that is Dallas...he'd be a perfect fit in a smaller market. I wonder how well Matt Ryan would have done with the weapons Joe had in years 1 and 2.

Ryan, hands down.

I watch a lot of football thanks to NFL SundayTicket and I continue to be amazed by the pants-shittingly crazy stuff Romo does. No way in hell I want him trying to lead my team. One of my buddies is a huge Cowboys fan and he's firmly convinced Romo threw that game against the Redskins in the season final.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

If we are talking fantasy football draft, Romo all day. He is an FF god.

If I am the GM of an NFL franchise, however, how could the answer be anything but Ryan? 5 years younger, scads more potential. Romo has hit his ceiling. Ryan is Super Bowl QB material, IMHO.