Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

I just read when Rogers and Ryan sign their deals, next year Big Ben will be the 12th highest paid QB, doubt that sits well. That won't last long or end well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I just read when Rogers and Ryan sign their deals, next year Big Ben will be the 12th highest paid QB, doubt that sits well. That won't last long or end well.
    His contract is so backloaded because of all the restructures to free up cap space that it's probably in their interest to extend him. His cap numbers the next couple of years must be huge.

I'll throw my opinion on the pile.
    To me Ryan is the guy who should continue to get better.
    He is a leader the rest of the team will follow and believe in.
    And with his age and his short history, he should be on the brink anyway.
    They were 10 yards away from the Super Bowl and just 4 yards away from a 1st down.
    Can't get much closer than that.

The Ravens would have drafted Ryan if they could. However, they would have easily had to give up most of their picks to obtain him. Ryan is a very polished QB and holds up under pressure better than Romo. He has more upside potential. I would only have Romo as my backup QB at best. Therefore, the decision for me is easy--Matt Ryan all the way.

5. Re: Matt Ryan or Tony Romo?

I wouldn't want either one of these chokers on my team

I'd go with Romo, only because I can't stand how Ryan has had the silver spoon since day 1 and hasn't had to work the least bit for the respect he gets.

Blog Entries

Oh please, Matt Ryan and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Oh please, Matt Ryan and it's not even close.
    He's played 5 playoff games in his career, 3 at home, 2 at home after a bye. 1-5 record with 9tds and 7ints. Also got beat 24-2 and 48-21 in two of those home games.

Matt Ryan and Tony Romo are the same QB. Only difference is that Matt Ryan has had the chances to blow it in the playoffs more than Romo has had (he did it once so far)

Both have the same problem - they dont step it up when they face top competition.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I worry about both players under the big lights going forward. I think we saw the pressure get to Romo last year in that week 17 game...if he has another collapse like that Jerry may jump the shark and do something stupid. Matt Ryan is another bone headed playoff loss away from being in Romo territory with the media hate.

I'll repeat what I said: I think Romo would be a much better player away from the pressure that is Dallas...he'd be a perfect fit in a smaller market. I wonder how well Matt Ryan would have done with the weapons Joe had in years 1 and 2.
    i think that jerruh drags tony into his office every sunday morning before a game like, 'now ya know tony, we're countinn on ya. sure we don't have a great o-line, we don't run the ball as much as we should and we kind of gave up trying to find you reliable receivers, i mean you've got witten right? so all that along with our sometimes good, mostly awful defense, the game is always gonna be square on YOUR shoulders mah boy...and i'm the most powerful man in Dallas. don't let me down son! now go get 'em....i believe in you,'. *tony gets up to leave* 'oh tony?' *jerry does cutthroat gesture*

I don't think that Ryan is any better or worse than Flacco. It just chaps my ass that the sports media slobbers all over Matty Ice's knob, and then shits on Joe Cool. That my friend is why we Ravens fans have issues with Matt Ryan.

That being said Tony "No Show" Romo is a really bad QB. People love him in fantasy football be cause he does post decent stats in the regular season, but never in the win column or post-season. The same could be said for Ryan, but he is a much younger QB with a lot more of his career in front of him.

I say I would take Matt Ryan over Romo if Joe Flacco wasn't available.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    He's played 5 playoff games in his career, 3 at home, 2 at home after a bye. 1-5 record with 9tds and 7ints. Also got beat 24-2 and 48-21 in two of those home games.

Matt Ryan and Tony Romo are the same QB. Only difference is that Matt Ryan has had the chances to blow it in the playoffs more than Romo has had (he did it once so far)
    The 24-2 was a road game in the Meadowlands against the Giants.

Of the two, I think that Ryan may likely get a ring. As much as we criticize him around here, he stands a far better chance of winning one than Romo.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore