Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game



    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He had 85 catches, 1100 yards, and 9 TDs last year. You can't justify your point at all.
    Agreed...his first two years, for being a top 10 pick, were kind've pedestrian, but with Jim Harbaugh on board, Crabtree's light has come on.
    This. And I don't perceive this as whining all that much, yeah, we could do without some of the melodrama, but ultimately this is very mild. Frank Gore on the other hand...




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Crabtree struck me as fast as hell but also a little soft in the Super Bowl.




  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Crabtree struck me as fast as hell but also a little soft in the Super Bowl.
    Soft? Didn't he take 2 big hits on that Td?


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Soft? Didn't he take 2 big hits on that Td?
    I was more referring to his being targeted on the three consecutive plays at the end and being pretty much manhandled/blown up on all of them.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I was more referring to his being targeted on the three consecutive plays at the end and being pretty much manhandled/blown up on all of them.
    Yeah, well, I just ... Um, yeah I got ya.





  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Yeah, well, I just ... Um, yeah I got ya.



    That said, I wouldn't run Crabtree out of town if he were a Ravens WR. My impression of him is probably colored by the nonstop whining his team did after the loss.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    448

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    I wonder if this will put to rest the "non-call" complaints that the 49ers have on that last stand. So Kaep had like 2 seconds to throw and chucked it up blindy, the targetted WR couldn't see a damn thing, but yet the only reason that they couldn't complete the pass was because he was being held?

    Shouldn't it have been his responsibility to tell the coach that he couldn't see and needed to come out of the game. Not his chance to have a roledex of excuses months later?




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    "When the guy hit me, he hit me all in the face," Crabtree told NFL Network. "I'm not tripping. I'm not one to whine about nothing, but he hit me all in the face and I couldn't really see after he hit me."

    Asked to again recount what happened to him, Crabtree said: "They hit me, I really couldn't see. ... Then [my vision] just came back. It's not concussion-like. When you get hit in football, it's going to feel like you can't see. It's going to feel intense. But it snapped back. It happens all the time in football."

    Crabtree told the network that his sight returned before the next snap and that he had no complaints about the non-call on fourth down.


    That doesn't sound like a lot of whining (just a little). It sounds more like a recount of what happened, and he said he had no complaints about the 4th down non-call (unlike his whiny coach). Nothing really to see here.
    Thanks for posting. I wouldn't really call it whining either - I hope someone forwards the quote to his coach so he can hear first hand that the player hand no complaints about the non call...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #24

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The bigger piece here is him saying the no-call wasn't a bad call.
    TrueDat. That was the magic moment to whine if he was going to whine. Props to him in my book for taking the play as the refs called it [all night in that game]. I was at the Superdome and thought for sure a flag or review upstairs was coming.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504
    Crabtree was just on Total Access this morning.

    Very complimentary of the Ravens and no whining.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Crabtree was just on Total Access this morning.

    Very complimentary of the Ravens and no whining.
    I seen that same thing too. Was waiting for the cry baby excuse and nothing negative.

    I seen R. Clark on there showing respect for some but didn't give Flacco any love.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    This was just a passive aggressive way to complain. If he really wasn't complaining, he wouldn't have even mentioned that he felt there was more contact on the previous plays. He would have said that the refs were letting both teams get physical the entire game and the no-calls on the last drive we on par with the way they called the entire game.

    Crabtree has an arrogance about him and that's what even took him so long to become a noticeable player in the league. From the moment he was drafted, you could see it in his face. You could even see it before that. Truth be told, he was actually pissed that he wasn't drafted by Oakland, because it cost him millions of dollars. He was wearing an obnoxiously bright diamond ring at the draft before he'd even signed a contract. Oakland shocked everyone and took Heyward Bey. Heyward Bey's face was like, "No!, I have to go to Oakland?" Crabtree's face was like "No!, I was supposed to be the 8th pick! That's my money!. In fact, that mentality came to a head when he held out for an absurd amount of time, trying to get San Fransisco to give him an 8th pick contract.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This was just a passive aggressive way to complain. If he really wasn't complaining, he wouldn't have even mentioned that he felt there was more contact on the previous plays. He would have said that the refs were letting both teams get physical the entire game and the no-calls on the last drive we on par with the way they called the entire game.

    Crabtree has an arrogance about him and that's what even took him so long to become a noticeable player in the league. From the moment he was drafted, you could see it in his face. You could even see it before that. Truth be told, he was actually pissed that he wasn't drafted by Oakland, because it cost him millions of dollars. He was wearing an obnoxiously bright diamond ring at the draft before he'd even signed a contract. Oakland shocked everyone and took Heyward Bey. Heyward Bey's face was like, "No!, I have to go to Oakland?" Crabtree's face was like "No!, I was supposed to be the 8th pick! That's my money!. In fact, that mentality came to a head when he held out for an absurd amount of time, trying to get San Fransisco to give him an 8th pick contract.
    Lmao @ oh no but we all know the Raiders love speed and that cost them the better receiver then again Crabtree probably would have been cut by now if the Raiders picked him 8th


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Lmao @ oh no but we all know the Raiders love speed and that cost them the better receiver then again Crabtree probably would have been cut by now if the Raiders picked him 8th


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Seriously! I may never forget the split screen that ESPN did when the pick was announced. Heyward Bey was in shock that he would have to go to Oakland and Crabtree was in shock that he wasn't picked by Oakland.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

    Crabtree didn't say one word after that fourth down play, all the while Jim Harbaugh is screaming on the sidelines like a psycho and calling for the hold. You have to admire that, as most WR's are always throwing their hands up looking for flags after every single incomplete pass.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland