Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

Blog Entries

Re: Crabtree whining 2 months after the game

I can't see the full story but I heard this on the radio today. He said he couldn't see after Smith hit him (not sure which play) and then went on to say it's common for him to lose his vision after a hit. :hammer:

Did I get that right?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I can't see the full story but I heard this on the radio today. He said he couldn't see after Smith hit him (not sure which play) and then went on to say it's common for him to lose his vision after a hit. :hammer:

Did I get that right?
    If I remember correctly that was the 3rd down pass during the goal line stand. I recall right after Smith made the play holding my breath that I didn't see a helmet to helmet flag...

I don't view this as whining. I do think this proves that a team with defenders who make big, tough hits win games. This may well have payed a big roll into the poor route running, execution, etc. of what happened on the very next play. The photo on "BR" shows a pretty good helmet to helmet hit though. But that is just a snapshot in time... I'm glad it didn't get called.

Kinda reminds me of the Ray Lewis hit on Keller in the jets game a few years ago. On the next play on fourth down he ran out of bounds... may not have been thinking clearly.

If you can't see - get the F off the field and get someone who can in the game. If you didn't take yourself out of the game, and didn't make the catch on the next play stop trying to make excuses; either way the falut is yours.

What's the point of going out of his way to mention it if it usually happens to him after a big hit?

Sounds like he meant what is implied--his world got rocked--then wanted to backpedal to save face AND squash all concussion talk.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

"When the guy hit me, he hit me all in the face," Crabtree told NFL Network. "I'm not tripping. I'm not one to whine about nothing, but he hit me all in the face and I couldn't really see after he hit me."

Asked to again recount what happened to him, Crabtree said: "They hit me, I really couldn't see. ... Then [my vision] just came back. It's not concussion-like. When you get hit in football, it's going to feel like you can't see. It's going to feel intense. But it snapped back. It happens all the time in football."

Crabtree told the network that his sight returned before the next snap and that he had no complaints about the non-call on fourth down.

That doesn't sound like a lot of whining (just a little). It sounds more like a recount of what happened, and he said he had no complaints about the 4th down non-call (unlike his whiny coach). Nothing really to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Sounds like he meant what is implied--his world got rocked--then wanted to backpedal to save face AND squash all concussion talk.
    Pretty sure you got it right.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SuggsKill View Post
    Crabtree is a borderline bust.
    He had 85 catches, 1100 yards, and 9 TDs last year. You can't justify your point at all.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He had 85 catches, 1100 yards, and 9 TDs last year. You can't justify your point at all.
    Agreed...his first two years, for being a top 10 pick, were kind've pedestrian, but with Jim Harbaugh on board, Crabtree's light has come on.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Agreed...his first two years, for being a top 10 pick, were kind've pedestrian, but with Jim Harbaugh on board, Crabtree's light has come on.
    This. And I don't perceive this as whining all that much, yeah, we could do without some of the melodrama, but ultimately this is very mild. Frank Gore on the other hand...

Crabtree struck me as fast as hell but also a little soft in the Super Bowl.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh