Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: A Trade on Draft Day Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post

I can see us trading a 5th and two 6ths for a mid 4th.
    That could very well happen.

And that value is about right.

Those picks would take us up to about 82 pts...The 10th pick of round 4.

At least according to this value chart:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

FYI,

Here are the Ravens ACTUAL picks:

Round-Overall pick #
    1-32
    2-62
    3-94
    4-129, 130 (compensatory)
    5-165, 168 (compensatory)
    6-199 (from SF for Boldin), 200, 203 (compensatory)
    7- 238, 247 (compensatory)

With so many clustered picks, Ozzie will definately spend some and try to upgrade some others...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I heard Scott Pioli about a month ago talk about his time with the Patriots. One of their goals every year was to trade a lower round pick for a higher one the following year. He was very proud of the fact that the Pats turned a 6th round pick into a 3rd in 3 years. With this many picks I look for Ozzie to do the same thing.
    But Ozzie has been trading down in recent years ala Pitta and Dickson who just won the SB for him. Oz has just 1 less ring than Pioli and he had Brady all those years. Oz trades down largely because he drafts at the bottom and doesn't have enough ammo to trade up. He's said that himself many times. Things could be different this year since he has the ammo but I wouldn't bet on it. HOw many #1s, #2s or #3s does he have to trade up for Austin or someone higher? NE always had that kind of ammo to move up. Oz now has a ton of lower and comp picks from losing so many FAs. It will take losing Pitta if you want another #2 and that would be for next year's draft.

He stayed pat the last time he won the SB and came away with Heap, Hartwell, Rabach and Baxter. They kept Ravens winning for years.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-01-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't think the Ravens will be drafting 12+ players on draft day. I expect Ozzie to package a number of the lower round picks to move around in the first three rounds to get the players he wants.
    I agree with this.

With the amount of holes they've plugged with free agent signings, my gut feeling is that Ozzie's preferred plan right now is to package some of those picks to move up a bit to get HIS guy in the first round, whomever that may be. Of course, it's hard to move up too far from the 32nd pick without giving away a lot of future picks, so if none of those guys fall to ~25th, I'd expect a fairly typical Ozzie draft like we saw last year and in 2010.

LT is an obvious need but the type of picks we have are not the kind that will get you far enough up in the first to get one of the big 3 (Joekel, Fisher, Johnson). Combine that with the fact there are a number of teams picking 1-20 who would love one of those 3 and its seems unlikely that moving up to get one could happen.

Of the guys who would be feasible to get I really do like Melenik Watson. Getting him would likely require moving up IMO. Not so sure Ozzie is going to be that in love with the guy that he would move up to get him.

Personally I would love to see Ozzie slide back a few spots into the 2nd and pick up a pick. Then draft either Long or Armistead. Use the extra pick to move back up in the 2nd or 3rd as other have suggest to get guys who slide they value. If the Ravens went this route I would love to see them double dip at LT and use a pick to also grab Chris Faulk from LSU who I think is a guy who would have been at worst an early 2nd rounder had he not been hurt. Faulk could be potentially had in the late 3rd or 4th round. Good value if you ask me.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

So many stud combos in the 2nd round that we can get with a trade "down and back up" move. Could also trade back twice and get Armstead (OT) and Schwenke (C/G) or Jones (All). Starter competition and depth.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So many stud combos in the 2nd round that we can get with a trade "down and back up" move. Could also trade back twice and get Armstead (OT) and Schwenke (C/G) or Jones (All). Starter competition and depth.
    I would do cartwheels if they took Jones at some point.

The guy is a really good talent and versatile in the way that Marshall Yanda has been for us. A very valuable guy to have on your Oline IMO. Picking him would make me very happy.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis