Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: We need a beast WR

Also, IMO Patterson would have been a late 3rd round pick had he been in last year's draft. Streeter was a late 6th rounder. I'm not saying Streeter is a comparable player, but to say that their respective talent levels heading into their rookie years was 183 picks apart is far fetched.

I think Patterson is far more likely to catch less than 20 balls in 2013 than he is to catch over 70.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    That would be the worst move in Ravens draft history.
    Really? Hyperbole much?

Ozzie doesn't reach, particularly for raw projects like Patterson. You talk about wasting a year of Joe's prime...drafting Patterson would increase that likelihood, not decrease it. He's not ready for the bigtime yet. He has the tools, just like a lot of other high draft picks who caught less than 100 balls in their careers.
    I get it. But no one knows how any of these guys will transition. Doss was supposed to have the best hands in the entire draft 2 years ago.

Point is Patterson is a consensus 1st rd talent that compares favorably to some bigtime current WRs in the NFL.

I would be surprised if Patterson isn't available at 32. I think there's a chance he might even be there in the 40-45 range. Trading up to 15 would be a massive mistake.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by 15. I haven't seen a single mock draft that had Patterson as low as 40-45.

Blog Entries

Also, IMO Patterson would have been a late 3rd round pick had he been in last year's draft. Streeter was a late 6th rounder. I'm not saying Streeter is a comparable player, but to say that their respective talent levels heading into their rookie years was 183 picks apart is far fetched.

I think Patterson is far more likely to catch less than 20 balls in 2013 than he is to catch over 70.
    You seem to have a lower opinion of Patterson than pretty much anyone I;ve seen here or in media. Not saying you are wrong, just saying your opinion appears to be on the fringe.

In general Patterson is the #1 WR in the 2013 draft across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You seem to have a lower opinion of Patterson than pretty much anyone I;ve seen here or in media. Not saying you are wrong, just saying your opinion appears to be on the fringe.

I'm not a Patterson fan, if I'm picking top 15 I'd far rather have Austin and I have Allen ahead of him as well. Hopkins is more pro ready so for us, I'd rather take Hopkins, that pushes him to 4th on my board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm not a Patterson fan, if I'm picking top 15 I'd far rather have Austin and I have Allen ahead of him as well. Hopkins is more pro ready so for us, I'd rather take Hopkins, that pushes him to 4th on my board.
    Of those 4 I think only Austin and Patterson provide true explosiveness, which is one of the main things I am looking for.

I agree Hopkins and Allen would be solid. But I don't think they are explosive.

I get everyone will have different opinions.

But Mayock has Patterson #1.

McShay has Patterson right behind Austin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You [LukeDaniel] seem to have a lower opinion of Patterson than pretty much anyone I;ve seen here or in media. Not saying you are wrong, just saying your opinion appears to be on the fringe.

He may be ranked #1, but I'd bet that Ozzie would never trade #1, #2, and #3 picks for him. I'm actually on Luke's side, and here are Patterson's college stats :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...-Patterson.php

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    He may be ranked #1, but I'd bet that Ozzie would never trade #1, #2, and #3 picks for him. I'm actually on Luke's side, and here are Patterson's college stats :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...-Patterson.php

... Bc
    His stats are going to be skewed because he was a JUCO transfer.

I see it the opposite way. How is it a guy with so little track record can be rated so high? He must be something special to be rated so high yet have so limited film.

Not a huge fan of Patterson. Underwhelming production, not much polish, small hands (smaller than Austin's).

He seems more a developmental prospect than others. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he were a DHB-type. Count me in the group that thinks he's overrated.

Blog Entries

Count me in the anti-Patterson group as well. I think people are getting blinded by the speed/size combination. Unless you're Al Davis you don't want to pay up for a guy like this.

The whole premise of this thread is that we need a "beast mode" receiver opposite Torrey Smith and this is not necessary. Yes we have very little depth behind Torrey so there should be an effort to draft a receiver but not in the first round. Something tells me Ozzie will continue to shop for a veteran receiver up until draft time.

If the Ravens are to deal away multiple/future draft picks I would prefer they do it for an established player so then they at least know what they are getting.It's one thing to gamble multiple picks when a team is desperate to move up and draft a Luck or an RG3, but to do that for a marginally talented player who at this point has yet to prove anything at the NFL level would be a risk the Ravens don't need to take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    If the Ravens are to deal away multiple/future draft picks I would prefer they do it for an established player so then they at least know what they are getting.It's one thing to gamble multiple picks when a team is desperate to move up and draft a Luck or an RG3, but to do that for a marginally talented player who at this point has yet to prove anything at the NFL level would be a risk the Ravens don't need to take.
    Luck or RG3 never proved anything at the NFL level either before being drafted either. Everyone in the draft is an unknown if you want to play that card. One of them could have easily been the next Ryan Leaf.
    Last edited by bt12483; 03-29-2013 at 12:30 PM.