Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We need a beast WR

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Really? I guess this term is very subjective. Beast Mode to me are guys like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald who are consistently in beast mode. Hakeen Nicks is no where near their level.
    No Nicks wouldn't be at the absolute highest on the list. And yes it is subjective. But I think he qualifies as one of the WRs that can take a game over. Problem is his health has limited him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    With a full offseason to modify the offense and routes, Caldwell may be able to simplify some things and get a couple of these guys into the action quickly. We have to find out if Streeter, Doss, Williams, etc can ball. It usually takes a couple years for a WR to make the transition from college. There are some big targets in this years draft (PS Austin is not one of them) ;)
    Doss and Torrey were drafted the same year. 2 rounds apart. Doss has never shined. He has a longer leash than these other guys, but to me this is a make or break year for him.

I give LaQuan Williams a 0.05% chance of becoming a starting WR in the NFL. Likewise, Streeter is a 6th rd project that has ridiculous height and speed but beyond that no one knows.

I just think the longer you wait for the caliber of WRs we currently have on roster to develop the more you waste your $120M QB in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Every player in the draft is "unproven". It is all a crap shoot. You can't live life scared because you F'd up before. You trust your gut and hope your gut is right more than it is wrong. So far Ozzie has shown that.
    I agree but there are certain things you can do to minimize the damage. Like NOT spending future 1st round picks on guys who had mixed scouting reports coming out of college. i., e., Boller. I think Ozzie learned a lesson with that one.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

None of these teams have won the SB yet the Ravens have. Maybe a 'beast' WR is not a requirement
    /End thread

If the premise of the OP is that we NEED a 'beast' WR, I couldn't disagree more. We won a Super Bowl without one, and so have many other teams.

How many Super Bowls have Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, TO, Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, and Dez Bryant won?

You NEED a franchise QB, which we have. After that, their are many formulas for success. Having a 'beast' WR would be nice, but I think elite players at other positions are just as important.

No it isn't but you have to field competitive and competent WRs too. After Torrey is there any WR you really trust on this team?
    I don't think anyone disagrees that we could upgrade a bit, but the idea that we need a Julio Jones type player to accomplish that is a little extreme. Granted, I'd love to have someone like that, but when you start talking about giving up multiple picks or future 1st rounders I lose interest.

Blog Entries

who do you want them to target? Patterson, Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rodgers, Cobi Hamilton...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

who do you want them to target? Patterson, Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rodgers...
    One of these 3 would be fine. I think 6'2" is the minimum height I would like to see. At least 215 lbs. 4.5 speed or lower. Explosiveness. Fight for the ball.

Blog Entries

One of these 3 would be fine. I think 6'2" is the minimum height I would like to see. At least 215 lbs. 4.5 speed or lower. Explosiveness. Fight for the ball.
    there are quite a few with the size; not sure if they also have that speed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Moving around too much would be a shame in this draft. There's not a lot of great talent on paper but there are a TON of kids that flashed and look like promising projects. Especially at WR.

I personally say use as many of those 12 picks on the best players available and get them in the door and in to camp to give them all good looks and see which ones turn out to be stars...

Blog Entries

there are quite a few with the size; not sure if they also have that speed
    Marcus Davis from Va Tech has big time speed and size (6'4" 225-230lbs with ~4.45 speed).

He is kind of a project though. Not a very good route runner.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

... I think 6'2" is the minimum height I would like to see. At least 215 lbs. 4.5 speed or lower...
    Can't always look at these kind of stats, because you've targeted Tommy Streeter and we already have him... Bc

If he is still around at like 15, I saw screw it - let's trade up to get him.
    That would be the worst move in Ravens draft history. Ozzie doesn't reach, particularly for raw projects like Patterson. You talk about wasting a year of Joe's prime...drafting Patterson would increase that likelihood, not decrease it. He's not ready for the bigtime yet. He has the tools, just like a lot of other high draft picks who caught less than 100 balls in their careers.

I would be surprised if Patterson isn't available at 32. I think there's a chance he might even be there in the 40-45 range. Trading up to 15 would be a massive mistake.

Blog Entries

Not sure why guys like Rogers and Hopkins aren't listed. Either their drop % exceeded the range or they were just left off for another reason.
    FYI Justin Hunter had a drop % of 12.1.