Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
    Blog Entries

Re: We need a beast WR

So at age 34 mccown is suddenly some high level QB? No. He is playing in an extremely QB friendly system with beast WRs that catch anything he lofts up.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    So at age 34 mccown is suddenly some high level QB? No. He is playing in an extremely QB friendly system with beast WRs that catch anything he lofts up.
    I don't disagree with you, but the guy has made a lot of really good throws all season long and tonight is no exception. Somebody has to get the ball to the WR and his accuracy is really very impressive. He looks like a totally different player under Trestman.

I still don't think the guy is all of a sudden some elite QB. Trestman is making the reads easy for him and getting him comfortable. It's just a classic example of a coach who is able to get more out of his guys than other coaches, because he's just plain better at coaching up X's and O's. It makes me salivate for what the Ravens could look like with those kinds of guys at the coordinator positions instead of our brain-dead zombies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    No one said give up the farm. No one said anything about boldin. Did you just see that Jeffrey catch? He was a second rd pick. outside of Torrey, Ozzie seems scared to draft a wr above rd 4.
    The link I provided and others disagree with you. 5 picks for 1 player is a ton.

Did you not know Mark Clayton was a 1st round pick. (with Roddy White still on board)

Did you not know Trevis Taylor was a 1st round pick.

Did you not know Todd Heap was a 1st round pick at very bottom of draft as TE.

Did you not know Patrick JOhnson was a 2d round pick. (with Hiney Ward still on board)

Did you not know DEM WILLs was a 3rd round pick.

Did you not know, Stokely was a 4th round pick and scored TD in SB 35.

Nope, guess you didn't.

Caveat - his first rounds picks weren't always the best like with TT and Clayton but don't call him afraid of drafting them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-09-2013 at 11:45 PM.

They wouldn't know what to do with that BEAST wr. Marlon Brown is 6"4'? Yea he raw but he has the size to take over but they don't use him enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Lol...Lane Kiffin told Jeffery that if he went to South Carolina, he'd be pumping gas for the rest of his life. Lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The link I provided and others disagree with you. 5 picks for 1 player is a ton.

Did you not know Mark Clayton was a 1st round pick.

Did you not know Trevis Taylor was a 1st round pick.

Did you not know Patrick JOhnson was a 2d round pick.

Did you not know DEM WILLs was a 3rd round pick.

Did you not know, Stokely was a 4th round pick and scored TD in SB 35.

Nope, guess you didn't.
    are you really gonna be such a dick? None of these players were picked to help our current franchise QB.

You are bringing up shit from a decade ago. What is the relevance? The game has changed drastically since those picks.

Blog Entries

You said Oz seems afraid to drafting WRs above 4th round other than Torrey - period. I showed where there were a lot and some guys contributed but some didn't but Ozzie isn't afraid of drafting anyone if he thinks he can contribute.

He wasn't going to trade the farm for Julio and the guys you mentioned.

Plus the fact he's always drafting at or near the bottom so it will require a ton
    of picks like Atlanta gave up to get Julio and now they're in trouble while Oz
    got a ring w/o Julio and still has a winning team heading for it's 6th straight POs
    while Atlanta's GMs head is on the chopping block.

You're the one who said Ozzie was afraid of drafting them plus you bashed him on the other thread. I just defended him.

Sorry if I appeared blunt but I didn't call you any names. It's against the rules.

Geesh.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.