Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We need a beast WR

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I am talking about the physical freaks like Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, etc.

We've never really had one. Why waste a single year of Flacco in his prime? Torrey is great but doesn't fit the "beast" description.

The only guy that looks to fit this description this year is Cordarelle Patterson.

If he is still around at like 15, I saw screw it - let's trade up to get him.

Next year it looks like the biggest WR names are Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins. I don't think either of these guys fit the "beast" description.

Again, my major point is why waste a single year of Flacco in his prime? Give him a weapon he has never had.
    Mods if you don't like this thread bump I understand.

But I've been watching Cordarelle a lot this year, and he seems as advertised. They brought him along slowly...but you can tell he is a playmaker. He was trucking our guys all day long. The last few weeks he has really come on, with poor QBs.

MINN took him at 28 in rd. 1...and he made our pick Elam at 32 look a little silly. I still wish we would have taken him.

And I do really like Marlon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Mods if you don't like this thread bump I understand.

But I've been watching Cordarelle a lot this year, and he seems as advertised. They brought him along slowly...but you can tell he is a playmaker. He was trucking our guys all day long. The last few weeks he has really come on, with poor QBs.

MINN took him at 28 in rd. 1...and he made our pick Elam at 32 look a little silly. I still wish we would have taken him.

And I do really like Marlon.
    Patterson is playing really well, no doubt. I can understand why teams passed on him though. He was really raw with a lot of upside. I actually think he is pretty similar to Torrey, the Ravens just don't use Torrey like that at all.

I still think the Ravens need someone else besides Torrey and Marlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Patterson is playing really well, no doubt. I can understand why teams passed on him though. He was really raw with a lot of upside. I actually think he is pretty similar to Torrey, the Ravens just don't use Torrey like that at all.

I still think the Ravens need someone else besides Torrey and Marlon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marlon is a really good "big slot" guy, like a poor man's Marques Colston. He's a good #2/#3.

Torrey Smith... I don't know. He's been great this year but he disappeared today and that's happened all too often often this year. Don't get me wrong, I love him and want him to be a Raven for the next 10 years. But he's a very inconsistent route runner and his hands are hit or miss. He can continue to get better, but he can't do it all and he can't do it alone.

We need another dominant guy across from Torrey, a true #1 if you will. A high-end route runner with great speed or size/speed combo... paging Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans, please...

Blog Entries

We absolutely need to take a WR in the 1/2 round this year. Enough of underfunding this position in the draft. Get a true gamebreaker.

Torreys an average #2. He disappears every game and drops way too many big passes when we need it. He's just a #1 on our team by default. Theres no way I break the bank vault open for him. If we could land a #1 one he will be a much better player as he won't draw all the attention.

6. Re: We need a beast WR

Da' Rick Rogers is a guy I was hoping we'd take a chance on in the draft. He ended up going undrafted, but the Colts give him a shot and he goes off for 100+ and 2 TD's. We still do need that true #1 receiver to put this offense on the next level, Torrey just isn't that guy.

I hope somehow, some way, we can land Mike Evans. He has tremendous upside and incredible size. I'll be disappointed if we don't get someone like him, or at least one of the top tight ends.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Da' Rick Rogers is a guy I was hoping we'd take a chance on in the draft. He ended up going undrafted, but the Colts give him a shot and he goes off for 100+ and 2 TD's. We still do need that true #1 receiver to put this offense on the next level, Torrey just isn't that guy.
    I was huge on Da'Rick Rogers in the draft. As he kept dropping I was SURE we'd take him with a mid or late round pick... when the 7th rolled around and we took Mellette instead, I was totally shocked.

Sure, the kid had problems, but he was tremendous for the Colts today and he's going to be a beast in this league for a long time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I was huge on Da'Rick Rogers in the draft. As he kept dropping I was SURE we'd take him with a mid or late round pick... when the 7th rolled around and we took Mellette instead, I was totally shocked.

Sure, the kid had problems, but he was tremendous for the Colts today and he's going to be a beast in this league for a long time IMO.
    Same here.

I know the guy had some off field issues, but it baffled me that we'd sign Rolando McClain, but not take a shot with him. We apparently weren't even interested as an UDFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

My issue is even if we draft a guy...I have no faith we will know how to use him.

I would kill for a guy that can make his own YAC. We get very little WR YAC. Cordarelle is a YAC machine. Regardless of inept offensive playcalling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Same here.

I know the guy had some off field issues, but it baffled me that we'd sign Rolando McClain, but not take a shot with him. We apparently weren't even interested as an UDFA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    if only Da'Rick had played for Alabama....

Blog Entries

I actually think that Marlon Brown can develop into a more physical version of Marques Colston. However, if they are going to mainly use him in the slot, they could certainly use a sizable guy opposite Torrey.

I can understand them not taking Patterson that high. I'll admit that he's exceeded my expectations.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore