Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: We need a beast WR

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    WR/TE - 8, Joseph Fauria, 6'7", 255, UCLA can be had later in the draft.

And there is DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson, maybe still available at 32.
    And there is Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech, probably at the bottom of the 2nd.
    Fauria is soft and needs a lot of work.
    If the Ravens spend a 1st on Eifert, they can't spend it also on Hopkins at 32.

I like all those WRs you mention; it's going to be an interesting draft and my guess is that the Ravens are certainly going to end up with at least 3-4 impact players.

Ed Dickson is next man up. He played well in the SB, and I think this is his chance for a big contract, so I expect that he will get a lot of balls thrown his way. I would expect that they draft some competition too, as everyone has already stated. Losing Boldin was tough, but it was him or the defense, and on balance we were just too weak on the DL.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 03-30-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Fauria is soft and needs a lot of work.
    Oh man...Fauria is the softest big man since Ralph Sampson. When I watched his tape, I was embarrassed for him.
    I still like Sims for value. He has monster hands and a big frame. I like Kasa (with his surprising speed) as a receiving prospect (he's already a good blocker).
    Eifert is a game changer that I would love to have. Moving from 32 to 20 would cost us our 2nd, I think, and we wouldn't be naturally picking again until the bottom of the 3rd. That's makes me a little ill.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Ed Dickson is next man up. He played well in the SB, and I think this is his chance for a big contract.
    Nice try, Ed. Like your hacking skills though
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

This year's draft kinda sucks for receivers, but I'd like to see them pick Da'Rick Rodgers in the 2nd or 3rd. He was really good a UT but he couldn't keep his head on straight. Seems like he has figured things out now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Nice try, Ed. Like your hacking skills though
    Doubt Dickson needs to hack in here to make his point......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    This year's draft kinda sucks for receivers, but I'd like to see them pick Da'Rick Rodgers in the 2nd or 3rd. He was really good a UT but he couldn't keep his head on straight. Seems like he has figured things out now.
    I like what I have read about him. He is saying all of the right things.

What about Woods? I think most here have him in 2nd rd. But I think he will climb and maybe someone like Houston, grabs him. That would mean a Patton or someone else could fall down to us.
    You got to love the draft, it's so crazy where and who people pick. I'm I the only one upset the final rounds isn't Sunday anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    It is hard to get a player like this when you're constantly drafting so late in the first round.
    This is why foot speed is so important to me.
    It always translates from college to the NFL and provided you can catch, you should be a successful WR.
    Small guys Markus Wheaton, Chad Bumphis, Zach Rogers and T.J. Moe each have it, but their collective value ranges from (2nd through the 6th)

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I understand but the teams I listed could do that. They could make him an offer that the Giants can't match. But it never seems to happen like there is a gentleman's agreement...
    I don't think tendered p,ayers operate under a gentleman's agreement. I think the contract offer plus first rounder pushes teams away.

To see such an agreement does not exist consider when Bilichick scooped up that Giants TE they tried to stash him on IR (Ballard I believe)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I don't think tendered p,ayers operate under a gentleman's agreement. I think the contract offer plus first rounder pushes teams away.

To see such an agreement does not exist consider when Bilichick scooped up that Giants TE they tried to stash him on IR (Ballard I believe)
    Take Miami foe example. They're not going to get a better receiver with their first than Cruz so the pick shouldn't be an issue. They have tons of cap space and there's a cap floor so they can do the contract easily. But this kind of move hasn't happened in years.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Take Miami foe example. They're not going to get a better receiver with their first than Cruz so the pick shouldn't be an issue. They have tons of cap space and there's a cap floor so they can do the contract easily. But this kind of move hasn't happened in years.
    Yeah I understand your point but what if they can get half of his production at a fraction of the price (Wallace helps in this regard) and can use that same cap space to sign a pass rusher.

Either way you may be on to something. Teams like the bengals should seriously consider because they have to reach the cap floor. But if I can afford as a team to use my first rounder on a cheap player and cap space to sign someone else that's a better haul than one player (this may be a better strategy for teams like the ravens, less cap space)