Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We need a beast WR

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Well it can't be any lower.

I know. I am just jealous of the WRs some of these other QBs are blessed with.

Dez. Julio. Demaryius. etc.
    None of these teams have won the SB yet the Ravens have. Maybe a 'beast' WR is not a requirement

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

You got it. In general that would be my preference.

But I would be satisfied with a clear impact player at WR. Torrey was an impact player year one. Same year Doss was drafted.

Like I said above, I don't know if continually waiting until rds. 4 or later to get WR "talent" is the way to go since we have a lot of those guys on the roster that have yet to contribute.

Again. What if Torrey is injured? Our WR depth doesn't look too hot.
    This is why I like Rogers. He doesn't have that raw speed that Patterson has, but at 6'3" 215lbs he is pretty quick and he has nice YAC ability. I also think he may be the best WR in this draft class when it comes to going over the middle and making tough catches in traffic.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Are you suggesting that it can be dangerous dealing away future number one picks for unproven players?

LOL!! Most appropriate example.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    None of these teams have won the SB yet the Ravens have. Maybe a 'beast' WR is not a requirement
    No it isn't but you have to field competitive and competent WRs too. After Torrey is there any WR you really trust on this team?
    Last edited by bt12483; 03-29-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is why I like Rogers. He doesn't have that raw speed that Patterson has, but at 6'3" 215lbs he is pretty quick and he has nice YAC ability. I also think he may be the best WR in this draft class when it comes to going over the middle and making tough catches in traffic.
    I could live with Rogers. He just seems like a knucklehead that gets his first game check and goes out buying drugs and getting into trouble.

But risks need to be taken I suppose.

True. While they all had great receivers the last 6 superbowl winners starting with the 2007 Giants didn't have any receiver of the "beast" mode.

Blog Entries

No it isn't but you have to field competitive and competent WRs too. After Torrey is their any WR you really trust on this team?
    There's a lot of guys in the fold that have to get their shot to make it or break it. I'm sure they'll bring in more competition too. Personally I just don't agree with overpaying like the Falcons did. Too big a cost, especially for the Ravens who are almost always at the bottom of the round

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    LOL!! Most appropriate example.
    Every player in the draft is "unproven". It is all a crap shoot. You can't live life scared because you F'd up before. You trust your gut and hope your gut is right more than it is wrong. So far Ozzie has shown that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    True. While they all had great receivers the last 6 superbowl winners starting with the 2007 Giants didn't have any receiver of the "beast" mode.
    I would say Nicks qualifies for "beast" mode when healthy. He was a beast in the playoffs in 2011 SB winning season.

Blog Entries

There's a lot of guys in the fold that have to get their shot to make it or break it. I'm sure they'll bring in more competition too. Personally I just don't agree with overpaying like the Falcons did. Too big a cost, especially for the Ravens who are almost always at the bottom of the round
    I wouldn't want to overpay for anyone in this draft because none of these guys are as much of a lock as Julio was. But I wouldn't be opposed to being aggressive if an opportunity presents itself.

I would say Nicks qualifies for "beast" mode when healthy. He was a beast in the playoffs in 2011 SB winning season.
    Really? I guess this term is very subjective. Beast Mode to me are guys like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald who are consistently in beast mode. Hakeen Nicks is no where near their level.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't want to overpay for anyone in this draft because none of these guys are as much of a lock as Julio was. But I wouldn't be opposed to being aggressive if an opportunity presents itself.
    With a full offseason to modify the offense and routes, Caldwell may be able to simplify some things and get a couple of these guys into the action quickly. We have to find out if Streeter, Doss, Williams, etc can ball. It usually takes a couple years for a WR to make the transition from college. There are some big targets in this years draft (PS Austin is not one of them) ;)