Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
Roger that. So I would say Allen over Rogers, and no one else is on my list based on these criteria, and for the fact that I cannot account for Rogers' attitude. So Allen is the safer pick.

Allen is a superb athlete and plays aggressive. He's not a 1st round talented receiver, but he's a first round athlete. I think his ceiling is pretty high. I feel that he could become a very good weapon opposite Torrey. With Joe throwing to him, he could become every bit as featured as what most of think Torrey will be. He has no baggage that I'm aware of. However, I still wouldn't burn our 32nd on him. However, if he falls (due to his injury) then it would not surprise me if we took him (obviously, assuming he had actually worked out for us prior to the Draft and looked fine). Actually, I suspect that we will sneak him in for a visit.

Rogers has a slightly better WR skill set than Allen (for me it boils down to Rogers's feet > Allen's YAC ability), but there's his history and maturity. I think Rogers (with a good attitude and if he wants to be) could be a dominate player in 3-4 years. However, I wouldn't burn our 32nd on him either unless I was sure about his head and attitude. I don't think that grabbing him at #62 would be that much of a reach; he has the 3rd or 4th best skill-set in this Draft IMO, and is also a top 5 athlete at the position.
Good post. I, too, would squirm just a little bit if we took Keenan Allen with the 32nd pick. I have (like you) come to sweeten on him just a bit as I watched more of his tape, but I still don't really see a first-round receiver skill-set in him. Don't get me wrong, he's got athletic ability in spades, but his technique is way, way outside the 1st round. How is he going to handle being asked to run a full route tree instead of just slants, digs, curls, etc? How is he going to handle getting pressed at the line and having to make catches in traffic and against tight man coverage?

I would not take Keenan Allen over Matt Elam, Alec Ogletree, Tyler Eifert, or DeAndre Hopkins. I have a good feeling one of those 4 players will be there for the Ravens to pull the trigger on. If they don't take Hopkins in the 1st (which is understandable, might be a slight reach, definitely not the "value" pick the Ravens usually prefer in the 1st) I've been pegging Rogers as a 3rd-round target that would likely require a trade up for the Ravens, but his value might be higher than that in the eyes of a lot of teams. There's just too much Julio Jones in him to prevent him for sliding too much. If he's there at #62 I would probably have to bite the bullet and take him.