Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ryan Clark is Still a Moron

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Should make a new section of the boards....call it "Talking Bad About Purple"

Seriously a new thread is made every day about someone "disrepecting" the Ravens. Who cares! I would say its just the off season, but there's twice as many threads during the regular season. SMH.
    Good idea. I know the offseason is slow, but jeez.

"Mom! Skippy and Ryan are calling us names again. Make 'em stop!!!"

Seriously, you'd think fans whose team just won the Lombardi would have thicker skins.

Clark was saying how he was happy Boldin got traded outside the division because it weakens the Ravens, and someone, I believe it was Jameson Hensley, wrote a piece saying how a statement like that shows fear on the part of the Steelers. He said great, competitive athletes shouldn't be happy about good players getting injured, released, or traded away and should WANT to compete against the best the opposition has to offer. Also said the big, bad Steelers of old would never say such a thing. There's definitely fear in Shittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I disagree with those saying this is irrelevant and just a case of the Raven fans being whiny and insecure. Did you watch the Steelers last year? They weren't hungry at all. At ALL. And these comments by Clark suggest that they still feel entitled and that they deserve wins just for stepping on the field. As long as they have that attitude, they will go nowhere.
    That conidition of entitlement is also known as by it's medical name, TYFS: Typical Yankee Fan Syndrome.:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Troy P. definitely was good, but I feel like he's turned into the invisible man the past three seasons.
    He's done as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Should make a new section of the boards....call it "Talking Bad About Purple"

Seriously a new thread is made every day about someone "disrepecting" the Ravens. Who cares! I would say its just the off season, but there's twice as many threads during the regular season. SMH.
    We all care. Call it trivial, call it thin skinned - whatever. Our beloved Ravens get the shaft by analysts, pundits (and I use those terms VERY loosely) and talking heads all the time. Yes, the Woody Paige's and Skip Clueless's of the world, among others, do this for ratings and to incite debate, but there are a lot of people in the Jamie Dukes and T. Hasselbeck mold as well.

Look, I don't want to be a media darling like the Stoolers or Pats, but is objectivity too much to ask for in analysis or has journalism shifted too far over to the Enquirer/TMZ side that we are all screwed?

Oh yeah, and to all the naysayers -KISS THE RING!

When Clark can play at Mile High his thoughts may have some validity.