Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Haloti hopes to play inside more...

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Given our current personnel, then yes, put Haloti at NT. He will be very good at it. But my preference is him on the end.

Remember the Steelers opener in 2011? Or the Jets game soon after that? When he and Sizzle are both healthy, he can completely take over a game.

From the NT position that is not his job. Who was the last NT that got 8 sacks? Using him as a space eater devalues his extraordinary athleticism. I'm hoping we are ridiculously multiple this year, and he'll get time all over the line.
    In 7 seasons playing DE Haloti hasn't gotten close to 8 sacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This goes with my opinion that they are going to play Haloti quite a bit at NT this year.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3-e9b94d237adb

Glenn Younes said the same thing on 105.7 fm the other night. Canty is the key to all these acquisitions because he makes it all work especially taking pressure off Ngata over the middle. They can't double team all these guys and he will open it up for McPhee and Art Jones.

Blog Entries

And with a draft that has some depth on the interior D line, this opens up all kinds of options. Remember how teams just ran all over the Ravens last year and they couldn't stop it? Don't think that will be repeating this year ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Like many others, to me Ngata at NT makes sense. What I wasn't sure about was how he felt about that idea. It's good to know he looks at this positively.
    For sure. I was nervous that playing a lot of snaps on the Nose would be taxing, and potentially lead to more time spent dinged-up, and not maximizing his skill-set...but if it's coming straight from the horse's mouth? I'm sold...it makes too much sense.

Grab Brandon Williams in the late 2nd - mid 3rd as depth (and a long-term replacement), and our Front-7 is looking strong and deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    In 7 seasons playing DE Haloti hasn't gotten close to 8 sacks.
    Correct. I was responding to a post suggesting he could 'easily get 4-8 sacks' from the NT position.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This goes with my opinion that they are going to play Haloti quite a bit at NT this year.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...3-e9b94d237adb

by the way, props RinW for saying recently that Ngata would play more NT this year and then bringing the goods to show it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yes, Haloti Ngata took on his share of double teams from the Nose. However, that was not by design. It was due to Terrance Cody's ineffectiveness. If you get a NT that is more effective, Ngata will not deal with the double team at NG.

However, I think what the team is saying is: 'Before we suffer through a season like 2012 again, we will return Ngata to NT and work around that if we have to'.

For example, if they draft Jesse Williams, Jesse Williams will be your starting NT day 1. Unless they feel that Arthur Jones as NG is better than Williams at NT. However, if they don't draft someone of that caliber, unless someone like Casey Hampton is signed before training camp, Ngata will be at NT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore