Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 30

Thread: Player Intros

  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277


    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Great ballplayer. I paid my money to watch him tackle, not to dance.

    Ray's dance was cute the first 25-30 times he did it. But it became artificial over the past decade. The Baltimore crowd gets "amped up" by the appearance of the team, not Ray's made-for-TV sideshow. In my opinion, the team running out behind the guys carrying the Ravens banner, the skyrockets, and the A-10s flying over the stadium generated as much or more crowd response as Ray's dance.
    Huh?

    Granted, I no longer attend as many games as you, but EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

    And it wasn't even close.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Player Intros

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

    Granted, I no longer attend as many games as you, but EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

    And it wasn't even close.
    Maybe the reaction was for the man himself, and not the dance....




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277
    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe the reaction was for the man himself, and not the dance....
    Debatable, but that's not what T claimed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    448

    Re: Player Intros

    It'll definately be Suggs. He's turned into the vocal leader of the defense. I wouldn't mind seeing some danc(ing with the stars) moves from Jacoby either.




  5. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Great ballplayer. I paid my money to watch him tackle, not to dance.

    Ray's dance was cute the first 25-30 times he did it. But it became artificial over the past decade. The Baltimore crowd gets "amped up" by the appearance of the team, not Ray's made-for-TV sideshow. In my opinion, the team running out behind the guys carrying the Ravens banner, the skyrockets, and the A-10s flying over the stadium generated as much or more crowd response as Ray's dance.
    I disagree that the dance was "made-for-TV." To me, the theatrics were design to create a circuit of energy that flowed from Ray to the crowd and then from the crowd back to the rest of the team.

    Most tv broadcasts didn't even show the dance...I think he did it specifically for the crowd and I think the crowd (as a whole) couldn't get enough.

    I agree with most if the sentiments here that it's not a huge deal, that they likely won't have anyone draw attention to themselves the way Ray did. But, my point is that for nearly his entire career, his entrance capped the theater of the teams taking the field. Since that ending is no longer going to be there, there's a void.

    I guess the safe bet is that they'll just do it as a team, that the music will be the same throughout, and then they'll get ready to play football without the theatrics.




  6. #18
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Player Intros

    T still mad i bought his PSLs for 50 cents on ebay after we released boldin




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Player Intros

    Ray Lewis is a special player and individual. What he brought to the game of football was unique.
    And we had him his entire career. In this day and age, that is crazy.

    He will always be ours.
    I saw grown men crying in the stands and on the field as he came out before that Wild Card game against the Colts.
    It never crossed my mind that my money would have bought me that.

    Were you not entertained?!
    There is a very great chance that the likes of him, along with the intro, will never be seen again anywhere in the NFL.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    791

    Re: Player Intros

    Suggs will be last when they introduce the D, Flacco will be last when they introduce the O. There will the fireworks but it will be a toned down production. It won't be an issue.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Player Intros

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Suggs will be last when they introduce the D, Flacco will be last when they introduce the O. There will the fireworks but it will be a toned down production. It won't be an issue.
    Pretty much what they've done all along, minus "Hot in Here" and Ray's dance when they do the defense. I don't see why anything would change.




  10. #22

    Re: Player Intros

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

    And it wasn't even close.
    Not even close, huh? You mean the crowd went louder over Ray's dancing than Flacco bombs for TDs? I don't think so.

    Not taking anything away from our love for Ray the football player because I think his dance did not elicit the loudest crowd reaction. I agree with the comment above that the crowd would get excited over Ray's appearance, not that he was dancing.

    In any event, Ray + Reed + Defense entry onto the field created an electric atmosphere and a crowd noise which was unsurpassed at any outdoor stadium in the NFL.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Player Intros

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Suggs will be last when they introduce the D, Flacco will be last when they introduce the O. There will the fireworks but it will be a toned down production. It won't be an issue.
    I was hoping Denzel Washington was going to fly an airliner inverted over the stadium and Joe would throw him an F-bomb before every game.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    791

    Re: Player Intros

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I was hoping Denzel Washington was going to fly an airliner inverted over the stadium and Joe would throw him an F-bomb before every game.
    Then the marching band takes the field and does a Script F-Bomb!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland