Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Intros

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Great ballplayer. I paid my money to watch him tackle, not to dance.

Ray's dance was cute the first 25-30 times he did it. But it became artificial over the past decade. The Baltimore crowd gets "amped up" by the appearance of the team, not Ray's made-for-TV sideshow. In my opinion, the team running out behind the guys carrying the Ravens banner, the skyrockets, and the A-10s flying over the stadium generated as much or more crowd response as Ray's dance.
    Huh?

Granted, I no longer attend as many games as you, but EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

And it wasn't even close.

Re: Player Intros

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

Granted, I no longer attend as many games as you, but EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

Maybe the reaction was for the man himself, and not the dance....

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe the reaction was for the man himself, and not the dance....
    Debatable, but that's not what T claimed.

It'll definately be Suggs. He's turned into the vocal leader of the defense. I wouldn't mind seeing some danc(ing with the stars) moves from Jacoby either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Great ballplayer. I paid my money to watch him tackle, not to dance.

Ray's dance was cute the first 25-30 times he did it. But it became artificial over the past decade. The Baltimore crowd gets "amped up" by the appearance of the team, not Ray's made-for-TV sideshow. In my opinion, the team running out behind the guys carrying the Ravens banner, the skyrockets, and the A-10s flying over the stadium generated as much or more crowd response as Ray's dance.
    I disagree that the dance was "made-for-TV." To me, the theatrics were design to create a circuit of energy that flowed from Ray to the crowd and then from the crowd back to the rest of the team.

Most tv broadcasts didn't even show the dance...I think he did it specifically for the crowd and I think the crowd (as a whole) couldn't get enough.

I agree with most if the sentiments here that it's not a huge deal, that they likely won't have anyone draw attention to themselves the way Ray did. But, my point is that for nearly his entire career, his entrance capped the theater of the teams taking the field. Since that ending is no longer going to be there, there's a void.

I guess the safe bet is that they'll just do it as a team, that the music will be the same throughout, and then they'll get ready to play football without the theatrics.

iggyman555 Guest

T still mad i bought his PSLs for 50 cents on ebay after we released boldin :)

Ray Lewis is a special player and individual. What he brought to the game of football was unique.
    And we had him his entire career. In this day and age, that is crazy.

He will always be ours.
    I saw grown men crying in the stands and on the field as he came out before that Wild Card game against the Colts.
    It never crossed my mind that my money would have bought me that.

Were you not entertained?!
    There is a very great chance that the likes of him, along with the intro, will never be seen again anywhere in the NFL.

Suggs will be last when they introduce the D, Flacco will be last when they introduce the O. There will the fireworks but it will be a toned down production. It won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Suggs will be last when they introduce the D, Flacco will be last when they introduce the O. There will the fireworks but it will be a toned down production. It won't be an issue.
    Pretty much what they've done all along, minus "Hot in Here" and Ray's dance when they do the defense. I don't see why anything would change.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    EVERY game I went to the past 5 years when Ray was introduced, that was the loudest reaction from the crowd at anytime during intros and sometimes during the game itself.

Not even close, huh? You mean the crowd went louder over Ray's dancing than Flacco bombs for TDs? I don't think so.

Not taking anything away from our love for Ray the football player because I think his dance did not elicit the loudest crowd reaction. I agree with the comment above that the crowd would get excited over Ray's appearance, not that he was dancing.

In any event, Ray + Reed + Defense entry onto the field created an electric atmosphere and a crowd noise which was unsurpassed at any outdoor stadium in the NFL.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I was hoping Denzel Washington was going to fly an airliner inverted over the stadium and Joe would throw him an F-bomb before every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I was hoping Denzel Washington was going to fly an airliner inverted over the stadium and Joe would throw him an F-bomb before every game.
    Then the marching band takes the field and does a Script F-Bomb!