Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Rolando McClain Expected to be Cut (OAK)

http://www.nfl.com/news/tommy-kelly-will-be-cut-by-oakland-raiders

This from an article about Tommy Kelly being cut.....

The Raiders' contract shedding figures to continue with the release of linebacker Rolando McClain at some point this offseason. The larger question is whether the Raiders also will cut quarterback Carson Palmer. At least one guy at the Texas Pro Day on Wednesday probably hopes so.
    Dude was a MONSTER at Bama, and you know how OZ likes his fellow alum. Hasn't set the world on fire since being drafted #8 overall a few years ago, but that could just be another example of misused talent in Oakland. It'll be interesting to see what kind of interest he gets on the open market.

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Rolando McClain Expected to be Cut (OAK)

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/tommy-kelly-will-be-cut-by-oakland-raiders

This from an article about Tommy Kelly being cut.....

Dude was a MONSTER at Bama, and you know how OZ likes his fellow alum. Hasn't set the world on fire since being drafted #8 overall a few years ago, but that could just be another example of misused talent in Oakland. It'll be interesting to see what kind of interest he gets on the open market.
    i always liked him the only issue with him is the off the field stuff

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i always liked him the only issue with him is the off the field stuff
    He's a nutjob, but if he was cheap enough, he might be worth taking a flyer on.

I don't think he's any good.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    He's a nutjob, but if he was cheap enough, he might be worth taking a flyer on.
    NuTjOb for sure

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...ssault-charges

McClain, 22, held a gun beside a man's head during an altercation and the man begged him not to shoot, according to a statement released by Lt. John Crouch of the Decatur Police Department.
    McClain, an All-American at Alabama during his junior year, moved the gun but fired a round beside the man's ear, according to the statement. No one was shot, but police said a man who was injured in the altercation drove himself to a hospital, where he was treated and released.

A University of Alabama student sued McClain in November 2010 claiming the former Crimson Tide star hit him with a car and assaulted him in 2008. Stanford Matthew Mangham filed suit in circuit court in Morgan County, where Decatur is located.

Mangham claims McClain intentionally hit him twice at an intersection on Nov. 13, 2008, and then slung Mangham to the ground, causing permanent injuries. He is seeking $75,000 plus punitive damages.

Blog Entries

fuck that then, can't deal with that baggage.

You know its funny how players like that aren't really scrutinized or have his actions highlighted through the media. Then you have Ray Lewis who didn't even do anything and gets cited for murder that happened back in 2000.

I would love to give him a shot for cheap. Yes he has character issues, but he was a young nfl athelete, with a ton of money living in Oakland (which is not exactly the most peacful place on earth)

Not making any excuses for him, but I think he can play ball and a strong locker room can make him turn it around. And before some of you people who overreact say Ray and Ed are not here, the leadership is not the same; I will agree that it might not be the same, but that there is still plenty of leadership in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I would love to give him a shot for cheap. Yes he has character issues, but he was a young nfl athelete, with a ton of money living in Oakland (which is not exactly the most peacful place on earth)

Not making any excuses for him, but I think he can play ball and a strong locker room can make him turn it around. And before some of you people who overreact say Ray and Ed are not here, the leadership is not the same; I will agree that it might not be the same, but that there is still plenty of leadership in the locker room.
    I wonder if Ray has reached out to him in the past? Seems like the kind of guy Ray would try to help "life coach" like he has Rothlesberger and others.

Pass. We have 12 draft picks.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

He's lacking between the ears. I'd pass

Blog Entries

OT1H you'd think that kind of off-field baggage would make the Ravens especially gun-shy* about signing him--it would only add more fuel to the fire that the media arsonists started years ago.

OTOH the Ravens could sign 53 Mother Teresas & the haters would still be hatin' on 'em, so fuck it--ask #52 to sit down with Rolando for a heart-to-heart talk & see if he thinks the young man is redeemable, & if so take a flyer on him.
    * PUBIATAOBOMS (Pun Unintended But I Accept The Award On Behalf Of My Subconscious.)..:D

Blog Entries
    Not worth the headache and when will they cut Carson Palmer?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!