Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Don't forget about Tori Gurley.

IIRC, the Ravens signed him.

He was a big-bodied receiver at South Carolina. 6'3"/6'4" 220-230lbs.

He may be someone to keep an eye on this off-season as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Don't forget about Tori Gurley.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IIRC, the Ravens signed him.

He was a big-bodied receiver at South Carolina. 6'3"/6'4" 220-230lbs.

He may be someone to keep an eye on this off-season as well.
    also has some decent speed for that size with a 4.56 40.

Tori Gurley at the combine

small sample, but he catches away from his body smoothly. One of those under the radar signings that really could pay huge dividends. I wouldnt count him out either.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I been thinking about the IR/PS recently also, and Gurley was one I wondered about.

Bobby Rainey is another, as is Jack Cornell
    I think we released the TEs Balasavage and Figgins
    Not sure about Nigel Carr LB
    ANy plans for McBean or was that just a wasted year?
    Think we didn't hold I Kitchen or J Baptiste and maybe cut bait with Boren.....
    don't think I will have any idea until after the draft and the udfa signings.....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

It's hard to see him making the team with already having 7 WRs, all under the age of 29, currently on our roster. He seems to be a good PS type guy, but right now I would think he's the #3 guy on the list of big, developmental WRs, behind Streeter and Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I been thinking about the IR/PS recently also, and Gurley was one I wondered about.

Bobby Rainey is another, as is Jack Cornell
    I think we released the TEs Balasavage and Figgins
    Not sure about Nigel Carr LB
    ANy plans for McBean or was that just a wasted year?
    Think we didn't hold I Kitchen or J Baptiste and maybe cut bait with Boren.....
    don't think I will have any idea until after the draft and the udfa signings.....
    Boren was on the Rams (I believe) last year. Kitchen actually cracked the Cleveland rotation by mid season. I remember he saw quite a few snaps against us when we played the Browns in Cleveland. Not sure about Jean Baptiste, but I don't think he is on the roster anymore.

Blog Entries

Watching some YouTube highlights and Gurley laying some monster stiff arms on defenders.

Blog Entries

He was on 6 different practice squads last year.

Gurley bounced around between FIVE different teams last year. I'm not holding out any hope for him. I think he will be lucky to make it through the year on a single teams practice squad. I'd love to be proven wrong though because we could certainly use someone with his size and speed.

Reminds me of the guy we got from the Bills a year or two ago....James Hardy? (maybe). We all talked about how his size and speed made him a sleeper and he never really even saw the ball even in preseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Reminds me of the guy we got from the Bills a year or two ago....James Hardy? (maybe). We all talked about how his size and speed made him a sleeper and he never really even saw the ball even in preseason.
    His issue was injury though. he originally had speed but it seemed after his knee injury it didnt return. This guy jumped around but far as i know hes not a health risk.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Eron Riley?

just kidding...but...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    he and Brandon Jones were in camp with us, they had shots to contribute but never put it together. Thankfully, we had Torrey and Doss around to make them irrelevant anyway.

There's one guy I had also hoped to make a difference but he never really stepped up...Ernie Wheelwright. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Wheelwright. Played for us in the 2008 and 2009 offseasons, but never made the jump to active roster. BIG dude though, 6'5" 220lb.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!