Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: OT: Gronk has third arm surgery

If I would take a guess and say it was probably HA-MRSA from the previous surgery which is not that uncommon. By third surgery they simple could be removing the abcess/boil and treating it with a round of antibiotics through an IV. If it was hospital aquired than how he rehabbed it would have made no difference. Nor is surgery for an infection really being injury prone.

Anyone who wouldnt want Gronk on your team is simply lying to themselves.

Wonder if a little surgery on his brain will help him? Looking like a player who may be done before his time. Gronk, just say no, and concentrate on getting healthy. If not, the pats will go 8-8,LOL.

He's a meathead that would rather go party and appear on SportsNation every other week rather than focus on his career and recovery...I'm glad we didn't get him.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

This is really too bad for Gronk. He tried to come back too soon with the original injury and rebroke it in the first game back. Now it is infected. Hope he and the Patriots give him the time to heal.

Blog Entries

Having a bad infection I can sympathize with Gronk and coming back to soon. Infections take a long time to heal. Mine took 3 months from a broken ankle. Of course I was 35 yrs older than him and I didn't have the athlete's body he has. They cut into it 4 times to cut the infection out. Mine was a result of fluid dropping to the bottom of my foot that actually caused algea. The last time they cut it out they said they would have to amputate if the infection wasn't gone. Man, I was sweating it out but it finally left. My sister had to learn to change the wound and had to come over my house twice pr day to do it.

Infections are no picnic. HOpe I never have another one.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Good thing Gronk doesn't play in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you are posting that in response to my request, I don't a read a single thing in their that says his behavior/lack of dedication has anything to do with a recurrent infection.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    If you are posting that in response to my request, I don't a read a single thing in their that says his behavior/lack of dedication has anything to do with a recurrent infection.
    I"m not. If you follow NFL news you'd be up to speed. go back to the 8-8 thread and defend yourself

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I"m not. If you follow NFL news you'd be up to speed. go back to the 8-8 thread and defend yourself
    He won't stop partying long enough to rehab seriously
    It keeps getting infected because he doesn't take it seriously. Yes it does fall on him
    I am up to speed and I get it. Gronk is an ass. The media has their cams on him 24/7 and is trying to portray him as an irresponsible kid who parties too much and a lot of people think that automatically translates to "He doesn't take football or his rehab seriously". Also, the media asks him about it and says the Pats organization is concerned and has talked to him about it... blah blah blah. Whatever.... regardless of what is fact or what is hype about his extracuricular activities; bottom line is he probably didn't cause the infection through lack of work ethic, rehab, or wound hygiene, etc. These infections are the direct result of an orthopedic surgical procedure. It's common and they are dangerous and scary. Tom Brady had a Post-Op infection in his knee and so did Peyton Manning. Both had rehab setbacks because of it.

Personally I think Gronk is a dumb ass. He's both an ass and he's dumb. He's a meathead. He's also talented and a freak on the football field. While I wish the Ravens had his talent, I'm glad we stayed away from him. I'm very, very happy with Pitta and Dickson. How many Superbowls have the Pats one with Gronk and Hernandez?

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    He's a meathead that would rather go party and appear on SportsNation every other week rather than focus on his career and recovery...I'm glad we didn't get him.
    That's silly talk. He's easily the hardest player to match upo with in the entire NFL. I'd trade that ENTIRE DRAFT for him. Pitta, Jones and all...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'd trade that ENTIRE DRAFT for him. Pitta, Jones and all...
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    How many Superbowls have the Pats one with Gronk and Hernandez?
    Where's Gronk been come crunch time? On his ass.... that's where. His best playing days are probably approaching 1/2 over. He's running out of time.