Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Gronk has third arm surgery

For the small amount of money that they are paying him, I doubt that this will phase the Patriots very much.

haha. How does any of this (perceived to be injury prone, partying, not training hard) have to do with this past surgery? The surgery was due to infection... which was probably post-op infection because of the surgery itself. Shit happens, not Gronks fault. Just because he was caught on video partying and doing silly stuff after the Superbowl, doesn't mean he isn't an elite athlete taking care of his body, it means he is human. If I was 25 and paid millions of $$$ to play football, I would still drink a bit at clubs after the season and during Superbowl parties, act 25, and get laid. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get up and train the next day. Sheeesh...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    For the small amount of money that they are paying him, I doubt that this will phase the Patriots very much.
    You mean like him being the highest paid TE ever? I think they care plenty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Small amount? He signed a $53 million deal as a TE. Nothing small about that

Sarcasm is lost on so many here. :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Then I stand corrected. I thought we had a chance to get him, since IIRC we moved out of the first round that draft.
    Losac failed to mention that Bellichek traded up to get one spot ahead of Ozzie in the Gronk draft because he was so sure Ozzie was going to draft him because he knew Oz needed a TE.
    Remember all the confusion at their table and Goodell had to go down and tell them to hurry up.

Turns out, Gronk wasn't even on Ozzie's radar because of the back injuries. He played little the last couple of years in college. Oz jumped on Pitta and Dickson really fast when he got their picks and they won the SB for Oz before Gronk won it for Bellichet. Pollard also ruined Gronk in the PO game up there last year. Gronk suited up but couldn't run. That probably made the difference in the game because he would have scored at least 1 TD.

The same thing happened with the DEZ draft. Dallas drafted up in front of Oz because they were so sure that he was gonna take him because we needed a WR. So they called NE to trade but Bellicheat called his old pal and said Oz, I have Jerry on hold. He wants DEZ and is offering me some picks. Do you want to match them?

Oz said no thanks, man. DEZ wasn't on his radar either as he has caused Jerry to stay up at night getting arrested for attacking his own mother and injuring her and getting sued by creditors and what not.

Back to Pitta and Dickson, they got Oz to the SB and Pitta won it for him with that TD. Take it away and we lose while Gronk watched on TV while of course - injured and still waiting for a ring.

And Oz won the SB w/o Kindle so screw him. Every GM this year would love to have that draft just ask Tebow in Denver or is it NY now-lol?
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2013 at 01:42 PM.

I hadn't heard that Gronk wasn't even on Ozzie's board due to back injury concerns but if that's true, then that's a rare miss for Oz. Gronk is a freak and I'd take him on the Ravens any day. The guy is just a mismatch problem for any defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Sarcasm is lost on so many here. :grbac:
    Yeah I probably should have a silly face on there or something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    haha. How does any of this (perceived to be injury prone, partying, not training hard) have to do with this past surgery? The surgery was due to infection... which was probably post-op infection because of the surgery itself. Shit happens, not Gronks fault. Just because he was caught on video partying and doing silly stuff after the Superbowl, doesn't mean he isn't an elite athlete taking care of his body, it means he is human. If I was 25 and paid millions of $$$ to play football, I would still drink a bit at clubs after the season and during Superbowl parties, act 25, and get laid. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get up and train the next day. Sheeesh...
    It keeps getting infected because he doesn't take it seriously. Yes it does fall on him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When I first read the thread title, I thought, HEY, isn't that illegal...having a third arm...that's like a mutant or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It keeps getting infected because he doesn't take it seriously.
    Where did you read that? Link please. If he needs surgical treatment to clear it up there is a good chance it's staph.... not some superficial infection. Yes, it could be caused by him not taking care of himself, but it could just as likely be caused from the procedure itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    When I first read the thread title, I thought, HEY, isn't that illegal...having a third arm...that's like a mutant or something.
    Beats having "third leg" surgery.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell