Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Huff to 3 year deal

I'm liking the decision to cut Pollard and Q more and more...

Let's get Daryl Smith and call it a day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Walter Football has him ranked as their 18th ranked FA safety, below Pollard and just ahead of Dawan Landry.

I'm no expert on him as a player, but I would think that someone with such alleged coverage skills would have more than 11 INTs in 7 years. I realize there is a difference between someone who is solid in coverage and a "ballhawk", but I'm not terribly impressed with him. I'm sure the Ravens watched a ton of film on him and we all know their front office is very adept at watching film and properly critiquing it, so that makes me a bit more comfortable.

I still would have preferred Kerry Rhodes however.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Rhodes was a UFA whereas Huff was released, right?

In that case, signing Rhodes would have impacted comp picks next season. Thats why signing Huff, Dumervil, Spears, and Canty is so brilliant. 4 starting caliber players while maintaining 11 or 12 comp picks next season.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Ravens Sign Michael Huff

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    3 years $6 million...pretty good

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Bargain for a guy that could probably play out the life of the contract as the starting FS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    3yrs/$6M

Dirt cheap. And much cheaper than Reed.

Saw a stat. Huff has 18 missed tackles in last 3 seasons.

Reed had 16 in 2012.

And Huff is 5 years younger.
    that is dirt cheap, right player right price, It was hard to see Ed get drug 20YRDS down field.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm liking the decision to cut Pollard and Q more and more...

Let's get Daryl Smith and call it a day!
    I would like Smith too, but he is a UFA...so prob isnt likely given the direction the Ravens are going with free agency/comp picks.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Michael Huff can cover Julio Jones as a corner, then he's going to be a good coverage FS regardless of interceptions. He also had an all pro year at FS in 2010.

Re-sign McKinnie and then go into the draft looking at WR and ILB (whoever is BPA in each of the first two rounds).

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

$%#^& yeah! Huge get. Loved him when he came out of UT and thought he could've been a target for us back then.

The D could already be on par with last year's and dare I say maybe a little better. And we STILL have some 12 draft picks to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Rhodes was a UFA whereas Huff was released, right?

In that case, signing Rhodes would have impacted comp picks next season. Thats why signing Huff, Dumervil, Spears, and Canty is so brilliant. 4 starting caliber players while maintaining 11 or 12 comp picks next season.

OMG you're right. Signing of another player who was release. This is what Ozzie has been doing the last few years and I'm just now realizing it. Brilliant indeed.

I'm going on record now. Huff will get his first career pick 6 with us this year. Mark it down! :)

Blog Entries

Ozzie is the man. 3 years 6 million for Huff is freaking cheap. What did 35 year old Reed get? 3 year 15 mil?

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    I'm going on record now. Huff will get his first career pick 6 with us this year. Mark it down! :)
    With our new front 4 you better beleive it.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I am not up in arms over this I still would rather reed, but right player right price, Huff wasn't lighting it up in oakland.
    You have to take the Raider Factor into consideration. That as well as them having zero pass rush and horrible CBs would make any safety look sub par. Now that he's coming to a real organization with solid coaching and talent to surround him I'm excited to see what he'll bring.