Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Ihedigbo

James Ihedigbo

Is it really farfetched to think of Ihedigbo as Pollard's replacement? We know that Huff is taking over the Free Safety spot, but I really liked what I saw from him when Pollard was out, especially the Giants game, he looks like a Thumper who can blitz well. His one knock is coverage skills which we know Pollard did not possess. I know he wasn't great in New England, but their secondary was nothing but garbage. It gives Ozzie the flexibility to go BPA with high picks being LB, OT, WR, or Safety. Ihedigbo could prove to better a cheaper version of Pollard, and with better talent around him in the secondary than NE, he should be able to excell.

Blog Entries

Re: James Ihedigbo

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven52 View Post
    Is it really farfetched to think of Ihedigbo as Pollard's replacement?
    Not at all. I think Ihedigbo is penciled in as the starting SS at this moment. That could change though if they draft someone or they feel one of the other guys beats him out in camp.

I think the coaches really like Ihedigbo as more than a special teams player. Now, having said that, despite the Huff signing I expect us to draft a safety at some point (this is a really good safety class). Also, I expect Christian Thompson to compete heavily for a starter's job; this kid can play. And my man Omar Brown is someone to not be forgotten. They call him Baby Ed Reed!

ill never forget that blitz sack where he layed out Leftwhich in Pittsburgh. pretty much sealed the game. Loved his play ever since.

Also, I expect Christian Thompson to compete heavily for a starter's job; this kid can play

I've heard the same thing, but just haven't seen him play. Its gonna be an interesting preseason with several good competitions, I'll be interested the most in the Safety and Receivers competition.

I think Ihedigbo is the "fallback" plan. They know he can start in a pinch, but he's probably better as a 3rd safety and special teamer. I think they'll draft a safety early and see if he can win the job as a rookie; if not, Ihedigbo will likely play unless/until a better option presents itself down the line.

iggyman555 Guest

NO NO NO and NO. Ihedigbo is terrible he will not be the starter and will most likely be a backup guy, if hes the starter than we have issues

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think Ihedigbo is the "fallback" plan. They know he can start in a pinch, but he's probably better as a 3rd safety and special teamer. I think they'll draft a safety early and see if he can win the job as a rookie; if not, Ihedigbo will likely play unless/until a better option presents itself down the line.
    I think he is backup material, but I hear they really like Thompson...wouldnt be surprised to a big competition at that S spot, it is the Raven way.

Ravens are drafting a safety in round 1 because the talent will warrant spending the pick. May even go up to grab "our" guy. I smell an LSU signing.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Ravens are drafting a safety in round 1 because the talent will warrant spending the pick. May even go up to grab "our" guy. I smell an LSU signing.
    Eric Reid of LSU is very similar to Bernard Pollard only a lot faster. I wouldn't want him in round 1 but I'd be happy to get him in Round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Eric Reid of LSU is very similar to Bernard Pollard only a lot faster. I wouldn't want him in round 1 but I'd be happy to get him in Round 2.
    I wouldn't be shocked if we could even trade up and get him in round 3. He's a clear 2nd round talent IMO, but the fact that this draft is so loaded with talent at S might devalue him a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me. SS always seems to be one of the last positions addressed (Will Demps, Dawan Landry, anyone?)