Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: N.Korea says there will be war

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If NK provokes anyone or initiates anything, China will wipe their hands clean of Kim Jong Un and see what happens when it is all said and done. They may give them money or food, but that will be about it. They're not interested in a war right now and frankly they don't need it to win anything. They've got it made in the shade by stealing intellectual property.
    I'm 99% in agreement with this. The only thing that worries me about China (at least in reference to Korea) is their need to maintain a buffer between their border and a unified pro-U.S. Korea which is the likely result should war actually occur.

Maybe they would diplomatically push for a smaller, puppet state NK?

Blog Entries

CNN had the former US Ambassador to S. Korea on last night saying the WH should be talking to China and not N. Korea since they control N. Korea.

A former REar Admiral and national security advisor said they always do this when they want something and we usually give it to them and they go away for a while til the next time.

But the title of the program was THE N. KOREAN CRISIS.

Someone is watching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ncraven View Post
    yeah our... Layout of the land would make it very difficult for this country to be invaded.

That and

Give me a million armed citizens and no country could ever defeat us.

Old Hickory Andy Jackson.

Blog Entries

For those taking this as a grain of a salt, it looks like N. Korea does have nuke capability.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D297242

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    For those taking this as a grain of a salt, it looks like N. Korea does have nuke capability.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D297242
    just like iraq had weapons of mass destruction?

Honestly I think our intertwined economies with china are kind of making us defacto allies. as we go they go. I think their president (?), said basically in so little words that, they dont want us over there, but they really dont want NK to make us be over there. Thats basically what it comes down to. we keep an eye from afar China will handle it for us, especially if NK provokes us. We come in and force the issue like weve been doing lately, China will back NK. at the end of the day i dont see much happening. it certainly could, but it would be stupidity at an epic proportion on either side to come to that.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Honestly I think our intertwined economies with china are kind of making us defacto allies. as we go they go. I think their president (?), said basically in so little words that, they dont want us over there, but they really dont want NK to make us be over there. Thats basically what it comes down to. we keep an eye from afar China will handle it for us, especially if NK provokes us. We come in and force the issue like weve been doing lately, China will back NK. at the end of the day i dont see much happening. it certainly could, but it would be stupidity at an epic proportion on either side to come to that.
    Agreed.

Now the saber rattling from NK is that Japan is on their nuke list.

Its hard to find a closer ally to the US than Japan. NK would be utterly decimated if they launched something toward them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Just like all the stuff they buried in the Syrian desert and dumped in the Euphrates River.

My agency has a nuke physics dept and the ARmy sent them to Bagdad to sweep their nuclear center for contamination. There was none but they did have a nuke center so they were plannning on getting one.

Israel knocked out the previous nuke reactor in 1981. You guys must have missed Operation Opera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oirYsCBByPk

And again, China owns trillions of our debt. In short, they own us and their economy is passing ours.

Nothing will stop them from defending their puppet again if we strike. It's 1950 all over again only worse because nukes will be used on both sides. We were the only ones that had them before.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.