Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

N.Korea says there will be war

They're pissed off at new UN sanctions imposed on them over their nuclear program. Theyre also pissed at US for beefing up their missile defense shield aimed at them saying N Korean missiles can hit Hawaii. They're always pissed at something. There has never been a peace treaty to end the last Korean War, just an armistice to stop the fighting.

The only thing that has kept them from attacking S Korea are all the nukes we have pointed at them in S Korea. The last time they attacked they lost their entire army and it took a million man army from China to save them.

It will be even worse this time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D289844

Blog Entries

Re: N.Korea says there will be war

CNN just reported that US Stealth Bombers are on the way to S. Korea. Things are heating up. They don't want to mess with those babies.

Blog Entries

Misinformation on the bombers...

1. NK is pissed about the UN sanctions, which were issued right after they tested that nuke last month. The sanctions impact NK's international banking and courier systems, which everyone firmly believes they are using to launder money to their nuke/missile research endeavors. What is even more funny about this is China didn't even debate the sanctions. In fact, they signed off on it citing that peace on the Korean Peninsula was a big priority for them. Everything I've read seems to make me think that the Chinese don't really respect Kim Jong Un and aren't really happy with how he has done things since Kim Jong Il died.

2. NK is even more pissed about the military collaboration between the US and South Korea. They recently signed joint military proposal that basically said if NK does anything, the US and SK will unleash hell (/Mike Tomlin) on them.

The reason the B-2 bombers are over there (along with a carrier strike force team) is because the US and SK are conducting military exercises. In fact, SK even notified Pyongyang prior to the exercises starting so they weren't freaked out by the increase in military movement and the increase in US presence.

This is NK doing their standard 'saber-rattling'. Every couple of years they do this and get attention and then they go away.

They couldn't sustain an actual war. China doesn't want to help them that much and no one else really does either. Their people are malnourished and constantly defecting to SK while their ruling elite are living it up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

NK worries me about as much as I worry about which socks I am going to put on in the morning.

If they even farted wrong, they'd be a glass parking lot within hours.

Blog Entries

Thats what Americans said in 1950 before they killed 53,000 of them. Most of those casualties were from the initial attack which caught Americans by surprise - as usual. The South Koreans are sure worried. China has 6,000 nukes pointed at Taiwan, not sure how many at S. Korea but I'm sure it's more than 6,000.

Just more posturing by NK. They knew well in advance of the exercises we were conducting.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

At least the White HOuse is taking the threat serious. Bully for him.

They don't want to f*ck with the guy who killed Osama Bin Laden but it might be a TRAP!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2985561.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-31-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thats what Americans said in 1950 before they killed 53,000 of them. Most of those casualties were from the initial attack which caught Americans by surprise - as usual. The South Koreans are sure worried. China has 6,000 nukes pointed at Taiwan, not sure how many at S. Korea but I'm sure it's more than 6,000.
    More like 38K, and except for Task Force Smith, which was hammered by NK troops around Osan, I'd guess that the bulk of our casualties occured after China entered the war in November(?) of 1950.

Blog Entries

That 54,000 included other deaths during that war. The Pentagon used those figures for 50 years and recently revised them to include about 33,000 combat deaths and about 3,000 other deaths. The old figures were used on the 50th Anniversary of the war.

Total combined losses for China and N. Korea were about 1.5M - 400,000 from disease and starvation. China couldn't even feed it's own troops and God help American POWs.

I read somewhere that most of the American deaths occurred before the Chinese entered the war and during the initial N. Korean invasion which caught Americans by surprise- doesn't it always?

Today we have nukes pointed down their throats which has kept them at bay. The US will use them if they attack. They seem to be playing chicken and are testing America's will.

China went along with the latest UN sanctions on N.Korea so they still control them.

BTW, we were kicking China's ass at the end of the war. They pushed us back to Seoul and came within a few miles of it. Then we pushed them back across the 38th line and that's when they gave up and wanted peace. They actually wanted peace earlier as they crossed the 38th but Stalin pushed them to fight on another year.

A million man army couldn't push about 350,000 Americans into the sea and they sure as hell tried.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-507_162-202741.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-03-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries

STROUD - No way of knowing but do you think MacArthur could have gone into China like he wanted. It got him fired.

IKE finally ended the war when he threatened to drop the bomb in Central N. Korea and another one along the Yalu. China was scared to death of the guy who killed Hitler.

China would have been too big just like Russia would have been too big for Patton to invade.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I read somewhere that most of the American deaths occurred before the Chinese entered the war and during the initial N. Korean invasion which caught Americans by surprise- doesn't it always?

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-507_162-202741.html
    I don't know for sure Trap, but that doesn't feel right to me because we really didn't have many troops on the ground at first and as they were funnelled in, they largely went into semi-static defensive positions based on the Naktong River (and known as the Pusan Perimeter). The Marines and a 7th ID Task Force around the Chosin (aka Changjin) reservoir and 1st Cav in NW Korea were really slammed by the surprise (which should not have been a surprise) entry of China. Since there were almost three more years of war after that (including at least one more counter-offensive), I'd still have to guess the bulk of our casualties occured from that point on.

As to your question on another post, I just don't believe carrying the war into China would have had a good result unless nukes were used, and I'm kind of glad they were not despite the fact that NK remains an issue 60 years later. Conventionally, as Solo said, the Chinese Army was far different in 1950 then now, but my God, the pool of soldiers was never ending, and the country is vast.

Blog Entries
    The only worrisome thing about engaging with NK is it could open up a can of worms (economically and geopolitically) that I dont think this country can handle right now.

There are far too many war mongers in DC. That's what worries me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.