Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

Yea, it's infuriating to see all that talent waisted. We got at least 1 good year out of him. NOt bad for a supplemental pick.

But think about what Ray said about JO. He said JO would have been the best player to ever play the game if he had better work ethics instead of just the best LT that ever played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    But think about what Ray said about JO. He said JO would have been the best player to ever play the game if he had better work ethics instead of just the best LT that ever played the game.
    Apparently I missed that. When did Ray say that?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

"if only we had gaither on the roster we would win the super bowl!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, same as they were with Pollard, Boldin and Reed-lol; at least as far as management was
    concerned.

The dude is huge. I met him and camp where he was actually a nice guy. He was smiling and signing autographs for everyone unlike, um, my name sake Flacco. He wouldn't sign for me, just the little kids. I said come on Joe, I spend $200 pr game to watch you play but McNair wouldn't sign for adults either.

Anyway, Gaither was a hit at camp. He just hates to work-lol.

Anyone remember Dobbie Gillis and every time someone said work Maynard (Bob Denver) yelled - WOOOORRKKKK!

That's Gaither.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man...f_Dobie_Gillis
    I guess nice guys don't always work. Strange story about Flacco though. I ran into him at Double T after a 2011 home game. A nicer and more gracious guy you never did meet when it came to chatting with the fans, giving out the autographs and posing for pictures. I found him to be a pretty down to earth dude who signed for everyone, kids and older kids like yours truly! My boys were thrilled meeting him.

I think I'd rather see Billy Cundiff back in camp before a Gaither sighting. I don't care if he would play for $8.00 an hour. No thanks.

Blog Entries

Yea, like I said he's great with the kids and has one himself. That day Joe wouldn't sign for adults at camp. Ray and Reed stayed late out in the blistering sun signing til everyone left. Ray signed my jersey and hat and Reed signed my hat and was holding babies and taking his pic with them. Reed was the coolest Raven of them all at camp. It hurts so bad to see him gone.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    <raises hand from back of room>
    Nonononono... You just pointed out that there would be supporters. Someone else had asked whether or not anyone was left that supported him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    but really there is almost zero risk if there is no bonus. He would have to work hard in camp to even make the roster and get one check.

Also I am not a "Gaither supporter" I just do not give a crap about taking low risk high reward gambles on talent with attitude issues. Money is a good motivator, the lack of it is anyway.
    First off, don't act like taking up a roster spot in camp isn't a big deal. It is.

But more importantly, that's not the real risk. The real risk is, he does exactly what he did in San Diego. He plays hard for a while, looks good, earns trust, and he's in the game starting. Then, suddely, he gets lazy around Jared Allen who kills our $120MM quarterback and Flacco never plays the same again.

This isn't no risk. This would be super-ultra-mega high risk to bring in a lazy piece-of-shit dirtbag player that couldn't hack it on three different teams and who's last team cut him taking a $6MM hit doing so because their players were saying "F*** him he cost us big time" in order to potentially win the job protecting the blind side of the guy you just made the highest paid player in the game.

If anything, it's the opposite of what you suggest... It's a high risk, low reward move. You rent a guy for one year, hoping he plays well enough to keep your top paid player well protected. He has no future here, cause as soon as he gets paid, he's gonna quit again. It's a one year rental you hope can play well, and if he doesn't, it's a potential unmitigated disaster.

No.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

not only no but fuck no

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

It's a high risk, no reward move.
    Fixed it.

It's hard to imagine any front office in the NFL that would give Gaither a shot at this point. Well, maybe Dallas or Washington, but even their typical incompetence in these matters is restricted this year by salary cap woes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    not only no but fuck no
    LOL, hey smoove, I'm trying to sell 'em an Edsel for a cool million bucks, but no takers to date... Bc

If we had a legit Pro-bowl caliber LT it would be a lot easier to join you guys blast this lazy POS... but as long as Oher is our starting LT... I can't help but hold out hope we get Gaither's cone, that jsut so happens to have work ethic, a ealthy back and no questionable "entourage".

Cuz, damn that kid can play when he wants to.

No I don't want him here. Not at all. Well, unless you count parallel universes where he isn't a broken down, lazy POS.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If we had a legit Pro-bowl caliber LT it would be a lot easier to join you guys blast this lazy POS... but as long as Oher is our starting LT... I can't help but hold out hope we get Gaither's cone, that jsut so happens to have work ethic, a ealthy back and no questionable "entourage".

Cuz, damn that kid can play when he wants to.

No I don't want him here. Not at all. Well, unless you count parallel universes where he isn't a broken down, lazy POS.

The next contract will be an investment for Gaither and we've observed that delayed gratification is not a strength. However, he'll probably need to play a full season on a "sign-after-week-1" contract and play well to have another shot at good deal.

Under those terms and providing he checks out physically, I'd be fine if the Ravens take a vet min shot on him, but I wouldn't want him to be the only option other than Oher.

He's been enormously frustrating, but he just turned 27 (10 days ago) and his on-field play has been excellent when he could fit it in his busy schedule.

I don't think there are too many people who want Jared back in any form, so this question is for most of you...Who, particularly among the OL, might Gaither lead to the same sort of absurd life choices he has made?

No one wanted Ricky Williams either, but I think the Dolphins and Ravens decided he was such a behavioral outlier that whatever childish act he might regress to, there was at least no risk of contagion.