Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 117
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!



    Quote Originally Posted by da Blackbird View Post
    Looks like his own team mates weren't exactly thrilled with his work ethic either:

    "I can't even look him in the eye," one veteran Charger told U-T San Diego's Kevin Acee in December. Another one said: "(Expletive) Gaither. He (expletive) cost us big-time."

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...diego-chargers
    And neither could management. They offed him knowing his cap hit was $6M in dead money according to Scott Garceau today.

    Oz brought Zeus back to work with him and to get him in the weight room and Zeus almost killed him with Gaither's non-cooperation.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  2. #74

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    accept that they did find injuries, even if minor. The team did diagnose a thoradic disc injury before they ever said anything about not being able to see it (anymore). So even the injury you say didnt exist to begin with, they did find something. So hes not lying about said injuries, just not going about things the right way to prevent them or return from them. Youd have more of an argument saying he milked them than that they never existed to begin with.

    why assume hes lying when the first thing he said "im injured" was both possible (and atleast on some level proven true later) and easily explained by not taking care of himself. instead of saying its not true and something else entirely because hes lazy he therefore will lie? Lazy people lie is not something thats universally accepted. Lazy people dont take care or themselves, certainly is closer to that distinction.

    i feel like this is at least the 4th time weve had this exact debate. Neither are budging, but we certainly could take this out to 30 pages if we wanted. Although im sure HRs detest of everything Gaither will close it long before that.
    Yes, all this has been said before.

    I already explained why teams will never publicly say they believe the player is uninjured or even that they can't find anything wrong with him as long as the team has not yet thrown in the towel. So telling me that the Ravens initially declared that Gaither was injured after Gaither claimed he was injured while Gaither was still in ours plans, tells us nothing.

    And extreme milking is faking. If you stub your toe, it hurts. Claiming that it hurts so much that you cannot play is lying/faking, plain and simple. Every player is sore somewhere every week. But there is a level of pain/injury that is required to miss practice. Consistently and repeatedly, for weeks and weeks, months and months, beyond all realm of plausibility, claiming you are experiencing this when there is 0% chance it is true is lying/faking, even if you want to argue milking.

    Why assume a delinquent 14 year-old child is lying when he says he cannot go to school every single day because he is sick, despite the fact that he has no fever, looks fine, and has received every test known to man with no confirmed diagnosis? Because it is a safe assumption, that's why.

    4 pages, no one else is helping. 30 pages has no chance. I am out of it. You win




  3. #75

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    In other words Air Flacco, team and management were like, "don't let the screen door hit you on the azz on the way out, big boy . . ."




  4. #76

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    For vet min come on back in.

    What a crazy saga it has been for old J G. Fell out at Md after a fab freshman year. Fell out out favor here after a fantastic start then the injury and then the mystery.

    I have no idea where his head and health are, but when he is playing he plays well. If there is no money in it then there is no risk.







  5. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522
    I think there's a better chance of Ray Lewis coming back from retirement then Gaither being our LT this season. That ship has sailed.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,116

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    John Harbaugh comes in and stands in front of Ozzie Newsome, doing his gun twirling tricks. Ozzie sits there and looks at him, before mocking him with his own coffee mug twirling tricks.




  7. #79

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    He flaked out on his college team and at least 2 (maybe 3, unsure exactly what happened in KC) teams in the NFL. He was firmly in Harbaugh's non-existent doghouse (which actually exists,) there's no coming back.




  8. #80

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    He flaked out on his college team and at least 2 (maybe 3, unsure exactly what happened in KC) teams in the NFL. He was firmly in Harbaugh's non-existent doghouse (which actually exists,) there's no coming back.
    McKinnie crawled out of it after spending the entire regular season in there. Ellerbe and Kruger did time in the dog house over the years.

    Obviously there is no signing bonus and he would have to make the roster in camp, but there is almost zero risk in that and plenty of potential reward.







  9. #81

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    McKinnie crawled out of it after spending the entire regular season in there. Ellerbe and Kruger did time in the dog house over the years.

    Obviously there is no signing bonus and he would have to make the roster in camp, but there is almost zero risk in that and plenty of potential reward.
    The risk is he actually gives effort in camp and preseason then during the season, he has another "injury" and we are left without an adequate LT again.




  10. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by da Blackbird View Post
    In other words Air Flacco, team and management were like, "don't let the screen door hit you on the azz on the way out, big boy . . ."
    Yea, same as they were with Pollard, Boldin and Reed-lol; at least as far as management was
    concerned.

    The dude is huge. I met him and camp where he was actually a nice guy. He was smiling and signing autographs for everyone unlike, um, my name sake Flacco. He wouldn't sign for me, just the little kids. I said come on Joe, I spend $200 pr game to watch you play but McNair wouldn't sign for adults either.

    Anyway, Gaither was a hit at camp. He just hates to work-lol.

    Anyone remember Dobbie Gillis and every time someone said work Maynard (Bob Denver) yelled - WOOOORRKKKK!

    That's Gaither.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man...f_Dobie_Gillis
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  11. #83

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Ouch!

    Jared Gaither, we hardly knew you. You fraud.

    Had you even been able to manage a full season before wussing out, we could have excused you, could have believed these ailments were severe enough to sideline you.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...rs-fraud-Acee/
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  12. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    They were wrong.Just as they were wrong in keeping Cam around all that time.I think Oher appears to be an awesome person and a hard worker, unfortunately he is not an NFL LT.
    He did pretty well against the Giants with Caldwell calling the plays...

    just saying...


    Sometimes a good offensive coordinator can, you know, game plan around a team's weaknesses...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland