Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Plus do you trust Gaither protecting your highly paid QB? I don't.
    Do you trust Oher?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Do you trust Oher?
    Infinitely more than Gaither. At least Oher puts in the effort and you know, plays on Sundays.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I really hope this is the last Gaither thread we see. He really is a lightning rod for our fanbase.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Do you trust Oher?
    Here's the thing...

You KNOW what you are getting with Oher. You know he might not play well, but you can gauge about how he'll play each time. You can GAMEPLAN around that to an extent.

You have NO idea which Gaither you will get. If you bring him in and suddenly "oop, the back is acting up again guys...", you're basically back where you started anyway, but now, you have to decide if you carry him on the 53? Cut him? IR him? And let's say he does play...if he doesn't give the effort, he'll play as well as Oher. Do you immediately game plan that you are getting Oher 2.0? Do you expect him to do well, then watch with horror as he lets a guy get around him and strip sack Joe?

On the radio yesterday, Scott Garceau was remembering the end of a Chargers/Saints game where Collinsworth noticed Gaither practically limping on the field, and actually CALLED the play to end the game...he said "I think the Saints DE (can't recall name) is going to blow past Gaither and sack Rivers". And sure enough, that's exactly what happened, strip sack, game over. And the next day, Norv Turner claimed he didn't see any sign of injury to Gaither when he was out there. But Collinsworth from the announcer's booth could pretty easily see it...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Here's the thing...

You KNOW what you are getting with Oher. You know he might not play well, but you can gauge about how he'll play each time. You can GAMEPLAN around that to an extent.

You have NO idea which Gaither you will get. If you bring him in and suddenly "oop, the back is acting up again guys...", you're basically back where you started anyway, but now, you have to decide if you carry him on the 53? Cut him? IR him? And let's say he does play...if he doesn't give the effort, he'll play as well as Oher. Do you immediately game plan that you are getting Oher 2.0? Do you expect him to do well, then watch with horror as he lets a guy get around him and strip sack Joe?

On the radio yesterday, Scott Garceau was remembering the end of a Chargers/Saints game where Collinsworth noticed Gaither practically limping on the field, and actually CALLED the play to end the game...he said "I think the Saints DE (can't recall name) is going to blow past Gaither and sack Rivers". And sure enough, that's exactly what happened, strip sack, game over. And the next day, Norv Turner claimed he didn't see any sign of injury to Gaither when he was out there. But Collinsworth from the announcer's booth could pretty easily see it...
    That's the game... I forgot which one it was. I knew it was a primetime game...

Being a Gaither "fan" still at that point, I very closely watched Jared's play all game. Before that last play(in which he was VERY obviously hobbled) Gaither was playing at a level I have not seen another LT play in a few years. A few years ago, Joe Thomas and Jake Long were regularly turning in superb efforts, but since their decline, not so much. During that game Gaither was DOMINATING his man in both the run game and pass game and made some great plays at the second level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Infinitely more than Gaither. At least Oher puts in the effort and you know, plays on Sundays.
    See, but the thing is, IF Gaither plays on Sunday, it is basically guaranteed to be better play then Oher can even hope for. Obviously that is a big if.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I really hope this is the last Gaither thread we see. He really is a lightning rod for our fanbase.
    Maybe time to start a thread on how Boller really was pretty good ...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Maybe time to start a thread on how Boller really was pretty good ...
    Don't knock him. I saw him throw a pass 65 yards, from his knees, and hit Travis Taylor right between the numbers. Unfortunately, TT dropped it ... Bc

Blog Entries

Even IF the Ravens were to sign Gaither he'd injure his back signing the contract.