Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New LT on the market - Gaither's available!

There is zero chance Harbaugh gives the "ok" for Ozzie to consider bringing Gaither back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd call both him and Mckinnie for a visit.

When they get here, lock them in a cage. Whoever leaves gets the starting job. See if either of them is motivated enough to do anything other than sit on their ass and complain.
    That's some funny isht right there.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Gaither would make a fine free safety. Start him over Huff.

Or punter. Waaaay better than Koch.

I don't advocate bringing back McKinnie but he is far less of a risk than Gaither. McKinnie doesn't like to stay in shape in the off-season while Gaither doesn't want to work anytime and play even less. The only way anyone would sign either player is a one year low base incentive laden deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    and we can continue this debate over and over and show that multiple other teams did find issues, which you and others can ignore, and that back injuries arent a sure science and dont always heal, which you can also ignore. Nothing here confirms he "faked" an injury. merely more evidence that his poor work ethic isnt allowing him to recover from one or allow him to be what it takes to be a pro football player. just because hes lazy, does not mean he faked an injury. It means he didnt train hard enough to prevent one.

calling somebody Lazy is different than a Liar, no?
    Absolutely false that multiple other teams found issues.

You have to realize that any team is going to be reluctant to insinuate he is a liar while they still think things can be worked out for him. Hence Ravens docs initially say "minor back strain" vs. "can't find anything, you may be lying." Then once 5x the amount of time needed for a minor injury to heal passes, and Gaither is still claiming pain, combined with his release and autopsy of the relationship, the truth comes out: Ravens docs found nothing indicating he should be missing time.

Ditto, Chargers.

As for the oft-quoted, and misunderstood Raiders failed physical. That was merely the Raiders cutting bait after Rosenhaus claimed they had no official agreement (in principle) when the Raiders thought they did. The amusing thing about that is that Gaither's doc said he was perfectly healthy before the physical.

This is a clear case of Occam's Razor.

Lazy isn't always different than Liar. Lazy people often Lie to get out of work. Just like Jared.

(Doing my part to reach 20 pages ;))

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    I don't advocate bringing back McKinnie but he is far less of a risk than Gaither. McKinnie doesn't like to stay in shape in the off-season while Gaither doesn't want to work anytime and play even less. The only way anyone would sign either player is a one year low base incentive laden deal.
    I agree. I actually wouldn't mind McKinnie back, as long as it is a very cheap incentive-laden deal. But McKinnie is of the opinion that he deserves a biggish contract (insurance for the Maserati, and all that). We will have to wait for that notion to be crushed by reality before discussing terms with him, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    and we can continue this debate over and over and show that multiple other teams did find issues, which you and others can ignore, and that back injuries arent a sure science and dont always heal, which you can also ignore. Nothing here confirms he "faked" an injury. merely more evidence that his poor work ethic isnt allowing him to recover from one or allow him to be what it takes to be a pro football player. just because hes lazy, does not mean he faked an injury. It means he didnt train hard enough to prevent one.

calling somebody Lazy is different than a Liar, no?
    Apart from the fact San Diego doctors didnt deem any of his injuries serious

Blog Entries

Hmm...correct me if I'm wrong here, kids, but IIRC the two main suitors for the Big Whopper are the Ravens and the Saints.

I wonder how much the Biscuit would have to stash for Sean Payton in a Cayman Islands account to get him to sign Gaither & leave McKinnie dangling in the wind?

Just a thought...

My dream of never having to see his name in a thread ever again on a Ravens forum may be on the first steps to coming true. :)

I'm disappointed. I was hoping Oz would work out a trade with SD. You know: we give them a conditional 7th rounder and they give us Gaither and a 1st round pick. Thank God Oz is much smarter than me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Absolutely false that multiple other teams found issues.

You have to realize that any team is going to be reluctant to insinuate he is a liar while they still think things can be worked out for him. Hence Ravens docs initially say "minor back strain" vs. "can't find anything, you may be lying." Then once 5x the amount of time needed for a minor injury to heal passes, and Gaither is still claiming pain, combined with his release and autopsy of the relationship, the truth comes out: Ravens docs found nothing indicating he should be missing time.

Ditto, Chargers.

As for the oft-quoted, and misunderstood Raiders failed physical. That was merely the Raiders cutting bait after Rosenhaus claimed they had no official agreement (in principle) when the Raiders thought they did. The amusing thing about that is that Gaither's doc said he was perfectly healthy before the physical.

This is a clear case of Occam's Razor.

Lazy isn't always different than Liar. Lazy people often Lie to get out of work. Just like Jared.

(Doing my part to reach 20 pages ;))
    so in other words theres no evidence he lied, just opinion that he did? i also think this is a clear case of Occams Razor. Hes lazy, The End. rather than Hes lazy and a liar. less assumptions the better right?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Apart from the fact San Diego doctors didnt deem any of his injuries serious
    Just because hes lazy, does not mean he faked an injury. It means he didnt train hard enough to prevent one.
    I think i already addressed that. minimal injury or not, being lazy and not doing preventative measures would lead to those minor injuries.

any way you like to slice it, Lazy =/= Liar or vice versa. He certainly could be, but the path of least resistance/assumptions is that hes merely lazy, which there is plenty of evidence of to the point id say its proven, rather than jumping to a conclusion that hes something else entirely based off that notion.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just wait ...
    What ever happened to JW, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by JettRavensSuperPup View Post
    I would honestly be interested in bringing him back and pray he is motivated
    Why would you ever want to bring back a player about whom you have to pray they are motivated?

This guy chumped out three different organizations, including this one. This shouldn't even be a conversation. But because of his name, we've made it three pages already.

Gaither is almost without a doubt the most significant terrible player in the history of the Ravens. I only say "almost" because GrBage deserves some consideration in there as well. But the dude has managed to eclipse Boller. I don't know how that's possible.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid