Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Te'o runs a 4.75

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I am guessing some of you guys didn't watch him play last year. Anyway, Pat Kirwan's mock is out and he has us taking Minter. I'd be happy with that pick.

(10-6)Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU: Some will call this a bit of a reach -- or the spot for Manti Te'o. The Ravens need a middle linebacker, and I believe Minter is better than Te'o. He gets off blocks better, is a better tackler and an upgrade in coverage.
    The Championship game was enough for me. He was slow and didn't show the instincts he's known for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The Championship game was enough for me. He was slow and didn't show the instincts he's known for.
    :word

Rather have Minter or that other kid Arthur Brown (something about this Brown kid that I like).

Teo seems like a solid player, just not 1st round solid. I can't get the Alabama game out of my mind and that is against some NFL caliber players. Imagine when all of the players are NFL caliber. Maybe some coaching could help with that, but still no thanks IMO.

Blog Entries

that's what I figured. Their whole team was way overmatched in that game and the D line got destroyed. If you want to see him in action watch him against Mich St. - he had 20 tackles.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    that's what I figured. Their whole team was way overmatched in that game and the D line got destroyed. If you want to see him in action watch him against Mich St. - he had 20 tackles.
    ...or USC...or Michigan...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I want nothing to do with him. Just another overhyped and overrated Notre Dame player.

How true. The national media drools at the thought of Notre Dame returning to their glory days of putting star players in the NFL. I think Kelly may be the guy that finally pulls it off after a few years, but T'eo has a lot to do convince most of us he can play at a high level in the NFL. I keep picturing those big lineman from Bama destroying him on every play, and every NFL team consists of similar lineman.

I don't remember Minter having a particularly strong game against Alabama either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    I don't remember Minter having a particularly strong game against Alabama either.
    Nobody did.

I dont think it's fair to judge any player based on what they did or didn't do against 'Bama.

They're basically a pro team playing in the NCAA.

I'm not saying I want the guy, but for you to extrapolate how good of a player a guy is based on one game is very very short sighted. Especially in a game were his whole team was overmatched. Think about how stupid that is.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My worry is that the pressure is going to crack him. I can't remember any other prospect heading into the draft being demonized like Teo has been. It's like Tebow but in reverse. If he comes here Teo becomes the guy who's here to replace Ray Lewis. It's going to be ugly.
    vontaze burfict

One bad game and people can't see past it... at least if he's with the Ravens, David Reed will have a buddy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nobody did.

I dont think it's fair to judge any player based on what they did or didn't do against 'Bama.

They're basically a pro team playing in the NCAA.
    Every team is going to grill Teo on his National Championship tape. They aren't going to discredit it just because 'bama is really good. There is no excuse for sucking it up in the national championship even if the rest of your team isn't playing great. We've seen guys like Ray Lewis or Reed basically will their team(s) to victory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo That's a big deal to me. I want a big game player. I don't want the Tony Romo of linebackers. Plays great against weaker teams and when it doesn't count as much then suck it up in the biggest game(s).