Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Minter, Manti or Ogletree at 32?

I'd like to hear what gota has to say on minter, personally I'd hate the pick. I have him well down on my own rankings.

Blog Entries

I doubt very highly Ozzie reaches on his first pick and stays with his board. He will take PBA outside of every postion except RB and QB. If it's a MLB he will take him, but he will take the best player pretty much reguardless of position. The one time he reached he got Boller, doubt that happens again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'd like to hear what gota has to say on minter, personally I'd hate the pick. I have him well down on my own rankings.
    The Bat man? Ha! He's the last person that you want to give advice on LSU NFL PROSPECTS.

I can't tell you how much money I lost on his JaMarcus Russell predictions. ;)
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Honestly I would be surprised if the Ravens went ILB at 32. If they did I like Brown. I think that there are decent guys who had in rounds 2 (even 3) through 5. The drop off between those guys and Minter, Teo, Oglegree, and even Brown is not as steep as some other positions.
    Guys I love at 32
    De'Andre Hopkins - WR
    Menelik Watson - OT
    Terron Armistead OT
    Matt Elam - S
    Jesse Williams NT

Some of these guys would be feasible even if Ozzie chose to slide back a few spots.

One guy that I think could be an excellent value pick in potentially as late as the early 4th round is Barrett Jones. He is expected to have to start out on the PUP secondary to a Lisfranc injury that is hurting his stock but this is a guy who is a decent talent.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

5. Re: Minter, Manti or Ogletree at 32?

Neither, Arthur Brown, terron armstead, johnathan Cyprien or de Andre Hopkins. In that order
    That would be a dream come true of a draft. The thing is i can't see Cyprien falling to the 3rd round. That said, if we get the top 2 guys. That would be Magic.

Like you said, i wouldn't take any of the 3 guys. I would either Ride with Bynes if we can't get Brown. I love Bynes game.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    That would be a dream come true of a draft. The thing is i can't see Cyprien falling to the 3rd round. That said, if we get the top 2 guys. That would be Magic.

Like you said, i wouldn't take any of the 3 guys. I would either Ride with Bynes if we can't get Brown. I love Bynes game.
    My bad, I meant in the first round, they are my rankings for my preference on who I want our first to be.

7. Re: Minter, Manti or Ogletree at 32?

Could anyone else see us taking 2 ILB's in this draft? I could definitely see us taking a guy early,(Brown preferably), then taking a guy like Kiko Alonzo, or Reddick in a later round.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Not big on Minter either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I don't want Manti in round 1. Too much hype and I am not sold on his ability to move up to the pro game.

I wish there was a way to get Tavon. I think he could play a Welker type role and make the sting of Boldin being gone be a little less.

We'll be double dipping for sure at ILB. I've been on the Reddick train all year in the 4th (may have to move up, but we can give up a 6th to do so) and I think I would like Te'o. He is a liability in coverage, but you can't match his instincts and run stopping
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I don't want Manti in round 1. Too much hype and I am not sold on his ability to move up to the pro game.

I wish there was a way to get Tavon. I think he could play a Welker type role and make the sting of Boldin being gone be a little less.
    I think his game will translate perfectly to the pros. He won't be surrounded by scrubs and asked to do it all. He is a speed/coverage middle linebacker, a little on the small side but strong as hell, which is exactly what Ray was coming into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post

The one thing that I do like about this draft is that I think there is a cluster of guys who you could justify taking in the mid first round to almost the end of the second with very little drop off. That could create a situation were somebody surprising falls. Ozzie also has the ammo to move up say 5-6 spots easily if there is a target that falls and they want to get. We are positioned in terms of the number of picks and distribution of talent in this draft to do as well as you could expect a team drafting from 32 to do.

I doubt its Tavon Austin but I just get this feeling that someone really good could fall enough to move up and grab em or sit back and grab them. If not Ozzie can move back a few spots in the first and maybe move up a few spots in the second. Lot of options and a wizard at the controls. Feeling good about it.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis