Thoughts on Week 1...

Same old Brownies; season opener at home against a big rival and they lose 34-7 and bench their qb in the 2nd quarter. BQuinn will start this year; I just wonder who will be coaching him next year. My guess: Marty Schottenheimer.

How bout the NFC? just about everyone I read this year predicted either the Saints or Bears in the Super Bowl. They both got spanked by AFC teams. I see five teams in the AFC better than ANYONE in the NFC (Pats, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos). and with any defense the Bengals will be right there.

The Chiefs only put up 3 in the opener (against a middling Texans team)? not a good sign.

Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in the NFL, and Vince Young one of the best playmakers. They may not make the playoffs but they'll be a lot of fun to watch; and they'll bite somebody's behind before it's over.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Eli Manning with the Ravens.

questions for the Ravens tonight
    1) Is J Ogden's toe good to play?
    2) can the Offensive line produce?
    3) is the running game there? didn't show much in the preseason.
    4) Can Steve McNair still air it out? (here's hoping he won't have to...)
    5) are the Bengals the div winners of '05 or the 8-8 team of '04 and '06?
    6) Ravens D...well, no questions about the Ravens' D.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Thoughts on Week 1...

I'm not exactly shocked that the Brownies had their asses handed to them, but Crennel pulling his starting QB in the second quarter of the first game of the season -- WTF? That's giving up on your starter pretty quick. And they didn't even replace him with Quinn, they pulled him for Derek Anderson!

Enjoy Romeo Crennel's last season as Browns head coach.

The truth is that the teams seen as being ahead of the Ravens..The Pats, Chargers, and Colts all looked really good. Not a good sign for the hometown boys.

Hopefully we make a statement as well tonight. Not so sure of I feel good about that happening though. Monday night - Prime Time, Carson Palmer - Bengals, Ravens Offense - Still a ?.

We'll see I guess here pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The truth is that the teams seen as being ahead of the Ravens..The Pats, Chargers, and Colts all looked really good. Not a good sign for the hometown boys.
    I agree about the Colts and Pats, but the Chargers?!?! Did you even watch that game? They looked sloppy as hell. They only won because Chicago's offense is completely inept and the trick play with LT gave them the momentum. San Diego really isn't scaring me right now, but the Colts and Pats are.

Just remember, it's a long season. A lot of September wonder teams are nowhere to be found in January.

Don't buy your Super Bowl plane fare if they win tonight, and don't slit your throat if they lose. Momentum in December doesn't start in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I agree about the Colts and Pats, but the Chargers?!?! Did you even watch that game? They looked sloppy as hell. They only won because Chicago's offense is completely inept and the trick play with LT gave them the momentum. San Diego really isn't scaring me right now, but the Colts and Pats are.

Probably true about the chargers...it seemed though that by the second half they had gathered some momentum and LT was starting to get into a groove. have to remember that LT didn't play in any prseason games so he might have needed a half to get into a groove.

I don't think parting ways with Crennel is the best idea. Brown fans severely overrate their team every year. Outside of Winslow, Steinbach, and maybe Edwards, that team has nothing on offense, and other than Wimbley and Davis, they have no defense.

What coach can win with a team that has no QB and no running game, along with no defense? Savage should be first on the chopping block for that moronic deal he made trading their first round pick - a pick that will almost certainly be a top 5 pick.