Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Report: Dumervil Agrees to Deal with the Ravens

What a crazy year so far. Ravens beat top teams for SB. Lose 8/9 main players to FA and retirement. In that 8/9?, two players who were the heart and soul of the defense who made Ravens defense sucessful. Talking heads and other team fans laughing how Flacco ruined the team with a big contract that impacted this years cap(not even close to being the truth). Same people already declaring the Ravens will go 8-8 this year or worse. Meanwhile, Canty,Spears, and now Dumervile are the newest Raven s on defense.
    Folks, just sit back, buckle up, I think 2013 season is going to be another wild one in Baltimore. If Ozzie does well in the draft and there are more FA additions, The NFL may have to put some sort of sanctions on the Ravens to slow them down in their rebuilding year. LOL

5/35, so 7 million per with 1 million base salary this yaer 1.5 m prorated signing bonus... Is this going to get ugly in 4-5 years?

What a crazy year so far. Ravens beat top teams for SB. Lose 8/9 main players to FA and retirement. In that 8/9?, two players who were the heart and soul of the defense who made Ravens defense sucessful. Talking heads and other team fans laughing how Flacco ruined the team with a big contract that impacted this years cap(not even close to being the truth). Same people already declaring the Ravens will go 8-8 this year or worse. Meanwhile, Canty,Spears, and now Dumervile are the newest Raven s on defense.
    Folks, just sit back, buckle up, I think 2013 season is going to be another wild one in Baltimore. If Ozzie does well in the draft and there are more FA additions, The NFL may have to put some sort of sanctions on the Ravens to slow them down in their rebuilding year. LOL

Curious ... anyone remember how Doom did against us in the playoff game? I've rewatched the game since but can't actually remember his name ringing out on any specific plays. Where was he on the Flacco Fling, for example?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

5. Re: Report: Dumervil Agrees to Deal with the Ravens

I heard Schefter say on ESPN that he's receiving a $7.5 million signing bonus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    5/35, so 7 million per with 1 million base salary this yaer 1.5 m prorated signing bonus... Is this going to get ugly in 4-5 years?
    It won't make it that far.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
    While max value of Dumervil contract is $35 million, base value is only (only?) $26 million, per league source.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Curious ... anyone remember how Doom did against us in the playoff game? I've rewatched the game since but can't actually remember his name ringing out on any specific plays. Where was he on the Flacco Fling, for example?
    Our Oline was on the money in the play offs tbf.

Yes. He likey will never see that money as he'll be 32 or 33 at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Our Oline was on the money in the play offs tbf.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Ravens also gave Elvis Dumervil $3.5 million injury guarantee on next year's option bonus, making it $12 million in guaranteed $ from BALT.

Yes it will

By end of the 3rd year Dumbervil will be 32 and the contract will be looked at again, it won't go the full 5 years 35 million without something being done

edit, already post above just a minute ago ^^^^^