Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Report: Dumervil Agrees to Deal with the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    all justin tucker does is kick the ball!
    he also sings opera

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Obviously they aren't the exact same. They're pass rushing styles are the same as well as their weakness in stopping the run.

Dumervil will be in rotation with players who can defend the run so they can limit his role in run and pass defense.
    Thomas wasn't close to the pure pass rusher Dumervil is.

Their pass rush styles are totally different. Thomas wasn't really a good pass rusher, just a good blitzer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

WOW! I go out to eat and come home to this. I must admit I was skeptical of this actually happening but glad it did. I can't wait to hear about what happened with Denver, I would assume he will have an introductory press conference and that will be one of the first questions asked. How does our cap situation look now? Do they still go after Michael Huff?

I'm okay with the move but I always thought Dumervil wasn't even that good as a pass rusher. He's had some good years and then other years he's inconsistent.
    His unevenness is more a function of who his defensive coordinator was and thus how he was used. Like his 17 sack season was the only season he had Mike Nolan as DC and it showed as Nolan put him in a 3-4. Other years he's had different DC's and they didn't use him properly. In this case I trust Dean Pees to get the best out of him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yea, but he needs to pass the ball more.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries
    I'm okay with the move but I always thought Dumervil wasn't even that good as a pass rusher. He's had some good years and then other years he's inconsistent.
    This defense needed to add a veteran and you can't get enough pass rush. He's not LT but at the price it's a solid addition. Now they'll add depth via the draft and hopefully some hungry DTs.

Considering the options it's a great pickup IMO
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven52 View Post
    WOW! I go out to eat and come home to this. I must admit I was skeptical of this actually happening but glad it did. I can't wait to hear about what happened with Denver, I would assume he will have an introductory press conference and that will be one of the first questions asked. How does our cap situation look now? Do they still go after Michael Huff?
    Yeah, I thought nobody would want to sign with Baltimore?

His cap hit makes signing Huff all the more possible. We should have roughly 4.5m-5m still available? If someone can do a post of the updated cap remaining I'd appreciate it
    Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This defense needed to add a veteran and you can't get enough pass rush. He's not LT but at the price it's a solid addition. Now they'll add depth via the draft and hopefully some hungry DTs.

Considering the options it's a great pickup IMO
    apparently he was a team captain too, great pick up

Friggin' sweet.

92 problems...

So let me get this straight, Oz basically traded Kruger(40 million) for Dummervil(26 million actual value) and a compensatory pick(likely 4th rd for Kruger) lol. Truly the best in the business, and he still hasnt signed a player that will count towards compensatory picks yet!

So with Dummervil's contract(2.5 million in yr one) we have 5.6 million in room left. I'd say that's enough to sign Huff(who should be more intrigued with the Dummervil signing) and Mckinnie. Also once the Pollard cut kicks in after june 1st we can use that money to sign draft picks. Sounds like a contender to me.

@jamisonhensley: This is 2nd time after winning SB that Ravens sign a player named Elvis. Fans hope Dumervil turns out better than Grbac.

Kruger who?

Just another reason to trust in Ozzie. He is simply the best. Hated losing Ed but we got a lot better today with Dumervil and hoping to read that Michael Huff is the next player in the door.

In Ozzie I trust!!! NO ONE does it better!!!

The new MLB is now T Sizzle? He has the mobility and his playing with Ray gives him knowledge of what needs to be done. Any one see this happening. Dumervil takes Suggs place.