Thread: Damontre Moore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Damontre Moore

Just spent all morning watching tape on him from both 2011 as a 34 OLB and 2012 as a 43 end.

Great versatility playing both positions. As the 43 end he dropped into coverage occasionally, but done it a lot the previous year playing the Suggs type role, and he seemed solid in that regard. He mainly covered the flat or some hook zones, sometimes manned up on a running back. In the zone he new to push receivers on as they were leaving his zone and go pick up the next guy. He moved quite fluidly for a guy his size.

As a pass rusher he doesn't have the elite first step like a Jarvis jones but its better and quicker accerlartion and push off than upshaw. He uses his hands very well, has a few moves, good rip, brought out a spin move now and then, bull rushed and the odd time just blew past tackles.

While not getting many tipped passes, he had his hands up a lot at the LOS causing a bad throw or hesitation on part of the QB. He did block a extra point against LA tech that went the other way.

His main attribute and a big reason we could take him is his intensity and hussle. He is all over the park, their leading tackler I think. He makes tackles at the other sideline, he's involved in gang tackles 10 yards downfield on completed passes. He just never stops running.

Missed a few tackles on running backs and a couple sacks, but all in all seemed a solid tackler in the run game, and seemed decent setting the edge as the 34 olb.

All in all, if we don't get dumervil I would love to take him at 32 if his poor combine and pro day drop him that far. He'd be a total steal and with upshaw opposite him in the years to come, we'd be set.

He may not be our biggest need but he would be by far BPA. I'd also end with, while the stats don't agree I think he was far better playing OLB than 43 end.
    Last edited by arnie_uk; 03-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.