Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: salary cap question for Ravor

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    So essentially if you opt for June 1 designation your paying for al those payers plus the 51 highest salaries still on the roster?

Yes, the post-June 1 designation doesn't provide the team anything.

It was implemented to provide the players with a chance to hit the FA market earlier and not have to wait around until after June 1 before they can start finding a new home, when most of the FA money is already gone.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    But WHILE it was begin tossed around there needed to be the qualifiers that in order for it to happen restructures and cuts would have to be made. I never saw that part of the bargain adequately discussed. In retrospect, it's crystal clear that there was no way a $20M tag could ever have been applied without massive restructures that carried with them significant negative consequences.
    It was discussed all over this board, many other message boards, in the local media and the national media.

It was a major topic - particularly in the discussion of whether to use the exclusive or non-exclusive tag - and the consequences of what it would do to the roster and Cap was discussed in great detail.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    It was discussed all over this board, many other message boards, in the local media and the national media.

It was a major topic - particularly in the discussion of whether to use the exclusive or non-exclusive tag - and the consequences of what it would do to the roster and Cap was discussed in great detail.
    I never saw a single post that said that if the exclusive tag was used Ngata and Suggs' contract would HAVE to be restructured. Not one. And that's what it would have taken -- there's nowhere else the money could have come from, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I never saw a single post that said that if the exclusive tag was used Ngata and Suggs' contract would HAVE to be restructured. Not one. And that's what it would have taken -- there's nowhere else the money could have come from, is there?
    It was often mentioned that if they had to use the Tag - whichever one - they would have had to do a combination of releases and restructures.

They would likely have had to release McClain, Jacoby and Leach, which would have cleared close to $10M. Restructures would have had to come from Ngata, Suggs and Yanda.

It would have just been a matter of where they wanted to get it from.

They would have essentially been out of business for the FA market, meaning no Canty or Spears.

Sorry, but it was often discussed.

It was often mentioned that if they had to use the Tag - whichever one - they would have had to do a combination of releases and restructures.

They would likely have had to release McClain, Jacoby and Leach, which would have cleared close to $10M. Restructures would have had to come from Ngata, Suggs and Yanda.

It would have just been a matter of where they wanted to get it from.

They would have essentially been out of business for the FA market, meaning no Canty or Spears.

Sorry, but it was often discussed.
    Thanks for your response.

FWIW, assuming the reports of the details of the Dumervil are accurate, the Ravens will be $5.687M under the Cap.

FWIW, assuming the reports of the details of the Dumervil are accurate, the Ravens will be $5.687M under the Cap.
    Which, correct me if I'm mistaken, will leave Baltimore with enough money to draft, and sign either one moderately-priced free agent, or two bargain bin players?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Which, correct me if I'm mistaken, will leave Baltimore with enough money to draft, and sign either one moderately-priced free agent, or two bargain bin players?
    Yes. The $2M they'll get on June 1 (from the Pollard release) will be more than enough to cover the draft picks.

They'll also likely have to cover the inevitable IR'd players due to training camp injuries and carry some space into the season to cover in season injuries, so they've probably got enough for another FA or two (and as many one-year minimum salary deals as they'd like).

Blog Entries

They've done a great job considering that they had to PAY THE MAN in Flacco and still keep the team moving forward.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The site overthecap.com is pretty good.

They have the Ravens at $8,459,254.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Pretty good. As for differences I see, I noticed it hadn't added Harewood's deal to the spreadsheet. It also doesn't include three $550,000 ERFA's (McClellan, Allen, and Cook) like Ravor's sheet does.

Bottomline is, I would trust Ravor more than those generic sites, though that site looks more accurate and understandable than most.
    OverTheCap is definitely a very good resource, especially for other teams, but it's not totally up to date with it's Ravens info (although, when you're tracking all 32 teams, that can be quite a daunting task at this time of the year).

I think Jason does a great job with that site and it's far better than the Spotrak site that many often want to use.