Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ed Reed on NFL Total Access this AM

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    I see he yanked some more chains! Keep buying that bullshit. Also if he takes a coahing job later you can bet it will be for the Saint's. Reed could care less about anyone but himself.
    Wow! One of the haters he referrs to?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I see he yanked some more chains! Keep buying that bullshit. Also if he takes a coahing job later you can bet it will be for the Saint's. Reed could care less about anyone but himself.

http://edreedfoundation.org/

THE ED REED FOUNDATION

Throughout the years the Ed Reed, EYE OF THE HURRICANE, Foundation has done many charitable events that have flown under the radar by design. Ed and those who help run the Foundation have always thought it best to help others for the sake of helping. Below you'll find just a few things we do to help the community.

Annual Charity Golf Event – New Orleans, LA
    Annual Charity Golf Event – Baltimore, MD
    Annual Football Camp for Children ages 7-17 – New Orleans, LA
    Annual Football Camp for Children ages 7-17 – Baltimore, MD
    Fitness Day at Booker T. Washington Middle School – Baltimore, MD
    Fitness Day at The Seed School of Maryland – Baltimore, MD
    School Supply Drive at Booker T. Washington Middle School – Baltimore, MD
    Thanksgiving Turkey Drive at Booker T. Washington Middle School – Baltimore, MD
    Thanksgiving Turkey Drive at The Seed School of Maryland – Baltimore, MD
    Christmas gifts for the Children of Booker T. Washington Middle School – Baltimore, MD
    Take a Child to a game, 25 Children to Ravens home games – Baltimore, MD
    Provide athletic equipment for local public and charter schools in Baltimore & New Orleans
    College scholarships to student in the New Orleans, Destrehan High School
    Donations to Big Brother / Big Sisters of Maryland
    Donations to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
    Donations to The NephCure Foundation (Kidney Disease research)
    St Jude's Children's Hospital, Miami Florida Chapter
    University of Miami Alumni Club Sponsor
    Loving Arms Youth Shelter support – Baltimore, MD
    First Tee of New Orleans Sponsor – New Orleans, LA

Ed Reed only cares about himself, indeed.
    Last edited by Derf; 03-24-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added link

Yea cause all his history with the Saints makes it far more likely he would coach there than Baltimore.

Ed was a quirky guy but did this organization proud in the way he played the game, the way he gave to the community and example of excellence he set for players around him. Making unsubstantiated claims like "Reed could care less about anyone but himself" tells us more about your maturity level than anything about Ed.

Ed has always been a character and has always left everything he had on the field. I will always love Ed Reed, he is one of my favorite all time football players to watch play.
    I was there and within 10 feet of Ed during the parade. The look he had that day was not of a guy who was happy just for him, it was of a guy who was happy to share a momentous occasion with a fan base that has given him so much love in return.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    THE ED REED FOUNDATION

Throughout the years the Ed Reed, EYE OF THE HURRICANE, Foundation has done many charitable events that have flown under the radar by design. Ed and those who help run the Foundation have always thought it best to help others for the sake of helping. Below you'll find just a few things we do to help the community.

Christmas gifts for the Children of Booker T. Washington Middle School – Baltimore, MD
    Provide athletic equipment for local public and charter schools in Baltimore & New Orleans

Ed Reed only casres about himself, indeed.
    :word
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Beyond his stellar football play, Ed has never done anything to discredit himself, the Ravens, the city or the NFL. He never showed up on the blotter with DUIs, assaults, bad business deals, or other unseemly acts. I was always proud to say Ed Reed was my favorite Raven.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    Beyond his stellar football play, Ed has never done anything to discredit himself, the Ravens, the city or the NFL. He never showed up on the blotter with DUIs, assaults, bad business deals, or other unseemly acts. I was always proud to say Ed Reed was my favorite Raven.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,6568405.story

Ed is nothing but class.
    Reading that almost brought tears to my eyes.
    In 20 years I will be proud to tell my grandkids I was honored to watch 3 of the all time greats play for the Ravens.
    Ray, Ogden, Ed the holy trinity of the Ravens to this point in their history.
    Last edited by Ravenous1; 03-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    -Ray Lewis

The hate this man gets is absolutely ridiculous. Jeez. He could breathe and people would find something to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    http://edreedfoundation.org/

THE ED REED FOUNDATION

Ed Reed only casres about himself, indeed.
    This needed to be quoted again. Just because.

Blog Entries

It's not just Reed, all the big time Ravens for some reason get a lot of hate for absolute no reason. Ray Rice is constantly discredited, Sizzle is seen as a total dickhead by a lot of fans, and even Ray Lewis was disliked by certain Raven fans towards the end. I understand that a lot of the criticism on performance alone is warranted at times, but most of the time, there is absolutely nothing to dislike about many of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I think he plays more than one year. It wouldn't have made any sense to leave the Ravens for just one season if that's what he had in mind. The difference in money for one year wouldn't have been great enough, in my opinion, to leave the only team you ever played for and retire with a different team. I'm betting on a two year run with the Texans.
    1 million is a greater amount. it's funny how people say that's not a great amount of money. Some people don't make a million in their whole life so yes 1 million or 2 million more is greater if Ed signed for 4 to 5 million. I don't think the Ravens wasn't offering half of what Ed got from the Texans. Ed is done after this year

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!